Your inspiration believe it or not Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gigi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I'm impatient I know but YOUR inspiration, believe it or not helped me come up with below. I'm happy with what I have so far but I value your opinion too. Have I done you guys justice??

It would be wrong for me to say that the decision I made at Sixteen, to be independent and go out into the world and get a job, has satisfied all my dreams and ambitions, it hasn't.

In an attempt to widen my horizons and prepare myself for prospective studies, I embarked on a PT HNC Business course at my local college, which unfortunately was unable to complete due to the emotional distress caused by the miscarriage of my child.
Yet, I have fought to overcome this obstacle, and I'm still confident and determined to succeed, showing not only myself but to all; I will not be defeated by obstacles. Through my past experiences I realise now that I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions.

Although my work experience has given me many skills in dealing with issues involving PR, formal education I feel is a necessary step to further myself within the industry. Alongside helping my career chances, it will fulfil my insatiable pursuit for knowledge and a greater understanding of my chosen field of study, which no amount of work experience could give me.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gigi)
I'm impatient I know but YOUR inspiration, believe it or not helped me come up with below. I'm happy with what I have so far but I value your opinion too. Have I done you guys justice??

It would be wrong for me to say that the decision I made at Sixteen, to be independent and go out into the world and get a job, has satisfied all my dreams and ambitions, it hasn't.

In an attempt to widen my horizons and prepare myself for prospective studies, I embarked on a PT HNC Business course at my local college, which unfortunately was unable to complete due to the emotional distress caused by the miscarriage of my child.
Yet, I have fought to overcome this obstacle, and I'm still confident and determined to succeed, showing not only myself but to all; I will not be defeated by obstacles. Through my past experiences I realise now that I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions.

Although my work experience has given me many skills in dealing with issues involving PR, formal education I feel is a necessary step to further myself within the industry. Alongside helping my career chances, it will fulfil my insatiable pursuit for knowledge and a greater understanding of my chosen field of study, which no amount of work experience could give me.
do I get a cookie?
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
do I get a cookie?
ROFL Im sorry, but that is so mean.
the g
Report 15 years ago
lol wtf.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No offence Gigi hun but when these guys read the personal statements, they realllllly not looking for emotion. I mean my personal statement started with be banging on about making history blah blah and I have an alcoholic mother blah etc and in the end I just stuffed it full of merits and said yeah i really like it purely because your not gonna want them to have a view of you as someone that lets emotions get in the way, jsut say you didn't finish the course for personal reasons but really regret it . Remember your selling yourself to these Universities, but they are also trying to grab you...if you catch my drift they want you just as much as you want to be in them. So just stuff it full of impressive acheivments (rather than personal things) and they we'll put it to top of the pile honest!
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'mt not too hot on grammar myself and sorry to be so picky but I think you should replace a couple of the commas in the first sentance.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (76)
44.71%
Pro-humanity (94)
55.29%

Watched Threads