The Student Room Group

Anyone seen this? (Middlesex problem)

Last night my friend got a track update saying that her place on the Mental Health Nursing course had become unconditional, and another friend for the Nursing course received the same -even though they haven't received their A level results yet, and to my understand, unis haven't even received A level results yet...

And now on track's home page it says...

"UCAS has been made aware that the computer system used by Middlesex University has, in error, confirmed a number of applicants to their courses via communications from UCAS. Middlesex is acting promptly to manage this and UCAS will continue to provide every assistance to them. Middlesex University will be contacting all the applicants directly."

What an almighty c*ck up

Scroll to see replies

I can't see that on the Track homepage. But even so, that's terrible... especially given that their offers may not be unconditional at all, because it's in error. What a horrible shock if they don't get in now, especially because they've undoubtedly felt how it feels to see it updated to 'Unconditional'.
Reply 2
Not so bad really, up here in Scotland a group of students with unconditional offers to St. Andrews and the University of Aberdeen got their results 2-3 days early.
Reply 3
Stressworthy
I can't see that on the Track homepage. But even so, that's terrible... especially given that their offers may not be unconditional at all, because it's in error. What a horrible shock if they don't get in now, especially because they've undoubtedly felt how it feels to see it updated to 'Unconditional'.

I know, right! I wouldn't know how to feel! It's so terrible
Reply 4
Delaney
Not so bad really, up here in Scotland a group of students with unconditional offers to St. Andrews and the University of Aberdeen got their results 2-3 days early.

But this is an accident! They may not have places at all
Reply 5
I just saw it.
I feel ******* awful - I've spent pretty much half the day celebrating and now this ¬_¬
Reply 6
For anybody that's recently received a confirmation letter saying that they have been offered an 'uncondtional' place to Middlesex, it was sent in error.
Their computer system has gone haywire and confirmed a bunch of places via ucas by accident.

I, for one, am heartbroken. I've spent an entire day celebrating with my family only for this to happen! Not only is it horrific, but it's pretty embarrassing haha!
Reply 7
Why not argue that they offered you the place, and so you're taking it?

See http://www.btinternet.com/~akme/stdtl016.html

Worth a shot :colone:
Reply 8
LawBore
Why not argue that they offered you the place, and so you're taking it?

See http://www.btinternet.com/~akme/stdtl016.html

Worth a shot :colone:

HAHAHA I might just do that!
I cannot believe, of all years for it to happen, it's happened in mine!!!
Reply 9
haha i also got this error i called the university and they told me it was a mistake on their behalf
Reply 10
Chulabomb
I just saw it.
I feel ******* awful - I've spent pretty much half the day celebrating and now this ¬_¬

I feel so sorry for you and everyone else who it happened to. I hope you eventually get in!
Aww this is so cruel lol :console:
Reply 12
these things happen really. technology isn't perfect :P
Reply 13
i got mine 2day nw ive heard what u guys r saying im pissed
Reply 14
if you want the place, accept it, whether it was sent in error or not it becomes legally binding the second you accept so take advantage!
Reply 15
I just don't understand why they haven't sent an email out yet!
I get that technology was the problem but making us wait to see whether we receive a letter or not is just prolonging the suspense!!
Reply 16
I got the letter from UCAS saying they accepted me, does this mean it is wrong?
And if next year I wanted to drop Maths and take a new A-level like ICT would I be able to do all of the course in 1 year (AS and A2) and keep my other 2 A-levels as they are
Reply 17
i just got the confirmation letter and it states im not eligible for clearing since middlesex was my first choice.
i spent my entire cash celebrating as well.
eff this man!
Reply 18
Ok i dont know if there is already a thread about this or how long it has been posted on track, it wasnt there last week i know that much. Anyways, so i just loogged on and on the welcome screen it says this

"UCAS has been made aware that the computer system used by Middlesex University has, in error, confirmed a number of applicants to their courses via communications from UCAS. Middlesex is acting promptly to manage this and UCAS will continue to provide every assistance to them. Middlesex University will be contacting all the applicants directly."

Pretty much that means if you think you have a place at Middlesex, in all likelyhood YOU DONT!
Or it could mean that Middlesex has confirmed offers before the official grades have been released. It's happened before - one of my friends got a letter saying that although they had missed their grades, they were still being accepted onto their course - this was a few days before his results.

Latest

Trending

Trending