Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
This thread is closed

Durham General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7620
RobbieC
Becca and I were once a famous singing duo. Those were the days, eh!

I wish my duo sang.:frown:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Reply 7621
archaeologygirl
Guess what everyone, I went to Trevs this evening :biggrin:

Did you enjoy your visit to our little hexagonal palace? :smile:
I went to Trevs Saturday night.
Some stupid guy knocked my mates full pint over, saw what he had done but walked away not even apologising (let alone offering to buy a new drink). He also blanked all our evils while we were there, and the loud comments made as we went out past him.
they must have known you were outsiders
Reply 7624
LastGrape
I went to Trevs Saturday night.
Some stupid guy knocked my mates full pint over, saw what he had done but walked away not even apologising (let alone offering to buy a new drink). He also blanked all our evils while we were there, and the loud comments made as we went out past him.

Oooooh did you give him evils and made "loud comments"? Bet he ran crying :p:

If someone knocks your full drink over, unless it's some random local skinhead, turn around and go "Erm sorry but you just knocked my drink over" and then he should buy you another one. If not, then say to him "You don't fancy buying a new one do you?" it's not likely another Durham student is going to beat you up over that :rolleyes:

Anyway, no-one said he was from Trevs. Probably from Collingwood :ninja:
Drink it off the floor. This is why tea-towels were invented... Soak, wring, suckle.
Reply 7626
It's been fun homies, my work here is done.
Are you dying, Ali?

Or have you just made your fortune designing a fantastic colouring-in package for the geography students of tomorrow?

I despise your cryptic wiles...
arkbar

Banned by request??!! Noooooooooo!!!

Who is going to do the sarcasm around here now? :mad:
Oh Lord. I think I have to do the same... but I can't. It's my salvation, to come here and talk complete ****, while pretending people listen and accept such things willingly.
Reply 7630
If I got myself bannned from here I'd just find something else to distract me from doing anything useful with my life.
Reply 7631
It worked a treat for me back in 2nd year - if you remember when I decided to "leave" - such a simple thing was to remove TSR from all my bookmarks, stop it remembering my login details, delete everything from my profile, etc etc.

Got quite a lot more work done then :smile:
When you're banned, you can still view the boards, right, just not post? That wouldn't help me at all... plus TSR is only one of many distractions. I mean, even with no computer or TV I still manage to waste hours and hours doing absolutely nothing.
arkbar

:bawling:
What's happened with Ali?!?!

:eek:

I could just text him though:P
Yeah... and there's always facebook. Vomit.
Arkbar, where are you going? You can't quit the internet! D:

Also, Sillitoe fired a big scary Melanesian arrow at the front row of my anth lecture today. Does he do this every year or is the new science building giving lecturers evil homicidal tendencies?
archaeologygirl
When you're banned, you can still view the boards, right, just not post? That wouldn't help me at all... plus TSR is only one of many distractions. I mean, even with no computer or TV I still manage to waste hours and hours doing absolutely nothing.

You could get yourself IP banned, if you make a load of troll accs from the same address.
Reply 7638
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
You could get yourself IP banned, if you make a load of troll accs from the same address.

Speaking of which, is there a way of getting around these IP bans? Happened to me on another forum and I'm not best pleased about it. *****.
Fields
Speaking of which, is there a way of getting around these IP bans? Happened to me on another forum and I'm not best pleased about it. *****.

Proxy servers normally work, though you often have to find one that isnt banned. Try www.hidemyass.com then choose one of the proxies from the top list. What did you get IP banned for?

The other thing is at home, normally resetting your router will give you a new IP with most providers. Or try TOR, that can work. It all depends on how clued up the admins are.

Latest