The Student Room Logo
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
This thread is closed

Durham General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

I had to take Tlivia home at about 12.30, so if you didnt come in till late, we missed you!

We swapped between the two floors a fair bit, but spent prob half on each, usually dancing... Where did you hang??
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Reply 1421
Apparently Tlivia saw me, or thinks she saw me, so I must have been there when you were there. I was the same, kept on swapping floors! It was basically a case of deciding which bar had the smaller queue!
Yeah she did say she thought she had..
Christo
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

CHRIS SHOULD GO TO THE TREVS (CIRCUS THEME) INFORMAL BALL AS:

Thank you and good night.

I've decided on a mime artist! However I will neither do any mime nor keep quiet all evening. So that makes me a crap mime. Meh.
Reply 1424
Eddie K
Apparently Tlivia saw me, or thinks she saw me, so I must have been there when you were there. I was the same, kept on swapping floors! It was basically a case of deciding which bar had the smaller queue!

I did think I saw you at one point, but really wasn't sure! Shameful. :redface:
The confusion is on account of you looking different without your glasses. Rather like clark kent and superman… cause that's such an impenetrable disguise, apparently.
:eek: does that mean you have a superhero identity?
Reply 1425
Rach:)
Oi, leave me alone! :frown:
Just coz you couldnt handle studio Robbie :wink: :p:

Edited, sorry.
Reply 1426
Christo
I've decided on a mime artist! However I will neither do any mime nor keep quiet all evening. So that makes me a crap mime. Meh.

Oo, will there be lots of clowns? Clowns are seriously freaky…
Reply 1427
This thread got stickied?! Woo! :dancing: Hope you're proud Chris!
It did! That crazy mod did it for us:d
Reply 1429
Dr Zong's first name issue....

He's a lecturer, when would you ever go up and speak to him anyway? Becca you need to realise that we're not like you linguists who talk (in various languages) to your lecturers/teachers, we just sit and listen to them while they chat away to us.

Plus, all the other geography lecturers called him "Dr Zong" too :rolleyes:
Reply 1430
trevs' informal ball...

get in!

--------------

In other news - do the rest of you punks even care about your colleges? so far trevs is the only one with a wiki entry!!!
Reply 1431
On the subject of Trevs informal ball...

I GOT 67% IN MY FIRST ESSAY :biggrin: :biggrin:
I also love my tutor, Innes utterly rocks.
dobbs

He's a lecturer, when would you ever go up and speak to him anyway? Becca you need to realise that we're not like you linguists who talk (in various languages) to your lecturers/teachers, we just sit and listen to them while they chat away to us.

Geography is so un-sociable! :biggrin:
If we weren't able to talk to our lecturers as linguists, it would be a bit crap, especially considering I have 5 oral classes a week!!

EDIT: I'm boreddddddddd............
Reply 1433
Well done Ali :biggrin:
Reply 1434
arkbar
On the subject of Trevs informal ball...

I GOT 67% IN MY FIRST ESSAY :biggrin: :biggrin:
I also love my tutor, Innes utterly rocks.

Damn you. And well done :biggrin:
I don;t know when my physical tut is yet, did you get set your summative essay for end of term? And IT was bad.
Reply 1435
Becca
Geography is so un-sociable! :biggrin:
If we weren't able to talk to our lecturers as linguists, it would be a bit crap, especially considering I have 5 oral classes a week!!

EDIT: I'm boreddddddddd............

We talk to each other, not the lecturers :rolleyes: :p:

Ali - well done...told you Harold Bishop was awesome and that you had nothing to worry about - officially NONE OF YOU GEOGRAPHERS ON HERE WILL FAIL AN ESSAY THIS YEAR.

If any of you do I'll give you.......well, we'll decide on that when it happens :wink:
Reply 1436
dobbs
We talk to each other, not the lecturers :rolleyes: :p:

Ali - well done...told you Harold Bishop was awesome and that you had nothing to worry about - officially NONE OF YOU GEOGRAPHERS ON HERE WILL FAIL AN ESSAY THIS YEAR.

If any of you do I'll give you.......well, we'll decide on that when it happens :wink:

Just wait till I find out when my tutorial is and we will make a date. :p:
Reply 1437
Timothy
Just wait till I find out when my tutorial is and we will make a date. :p:

Yeah I was gona say £10 then I figured that for £10 I might have failed one of my formative essays on purpose......so I'll see what the circumstances are, but I will reward someone if they do actually fail!!!

(Fail being a mark below 40%) :biggrin:
Reply 1438
dobbs

Well whenever hes emailed me (as hes my personal tutor), hes always put his first name at the end. But I just call him Dr Zong.....tis so much easier....

On the subject of essays, I didnt fail but I wont know my mark til monday....silly Casford and his slow marking :p: Only joking, he was quite kool as a tutor :smile: ...Well done Ali :biggrin:
That's very good t'Ali. Nicely done.

Btw, Tim and Becca are my heroes for repping me the little bit I needed to get 5 gems. I [heart] you all.

And Alex, he contributed sizably at total random, cheers dudes and dudettes:biggrin:

Latest