This discussion is closed.
hypnos
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
who are all these guests? i cant believe that the majority of ppl reading this site are just lurkers
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hypnos)
who are all these guests? i cant believe that the majority of ppl reading this site are just lurkers

no idea, jsut random people
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yea they are random ppl, but remember u were one of them when u did not join the site...and ppl here were calling u by the names that u r calling them now........
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Guests can read the posts but can't post. I know that I started out as a guest, but then we could post as well. Hopefully these gus will register. Until then, or until something is decided about them, they will continue. The annoying thing is the busy server messages which could come up with there being so many guests.
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Guests can read the posts but can't post. I know that I started out as a guest, but then we could post as well. Hopefully these gus will register. Until then, or until something is decided about them, they will continue. The annoying thing is the busy server messages which could come up with there being so many guests.

yeah but at least the sites popular
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thats the funniest post i have read in 2 months.

lol, i know, sometimes there are 300 people on here, who do nothin but just watch!
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The annoying thing is the busy server messages which could come up with there being so many guests.
I don't know how true that is. I've seen the forum running fine with 250 people on it. But last night there were maybe 100 max, and we had those messages.
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
thats the funniest post i have read in 2 months.

lol, i know, sometimes there are 300 people on here, who do nothin but just watch!

lol...well they must find it either really entertaining, or have no valid contribution
Sasha D
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I'd like to point out that none of you constructed this site and you therefor dont own it.
I only found out about this ite when i was doing a search, often, the opinion filled pages of this site come up on the search engine as a result...obviously people are going to view that if they think it's going to give them info on whatever they were searching for.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I don't know how true that is. I've seen the forum running fine with 250 people on it. But last night there were maybe 100 max, and we had those messages.
I know, I don't understand about that either. There were way fewer users than previously! :confused:
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sasha D)
I'd like to point out that none of you constructed this site and you therefor dont own it.
I only found out about this ite when i was doing a search, often, the opinion filled pages of this site come up on the search engine as a result...obviously people are going to view that if they think it's going to give them info on whatever they were searching for.
:confused: Didn't say I did own the site!
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I know, I don't understand about that either. There were way fewer users than previously! :confused:
most ever is 403 4 days ago.

lou xxx
hypnos
Rep:
?
no one's explained it yet. i just joined within a few days. if all these 300 guests were going to join, the membership numbers would be rocketing up. but no

they just lurk!
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
no one's explained it yet. i just joined within a few days. if all these 300 guests were going to join, the membership numbers would be rocketing up. but no

they just lurk!

maybe they can't be bothered? kinda stumbled across the site and don't have any particular interest in contributing
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by white_solitude)
maybe they can't be bothered? kinda stumbled across the site and don't have any particular interest in contributing
I think that they are genuinly interested in what we have to say, both on the academic front and the social/political.

Especially because tomorrow is the first day of term, for alot of schools and there is coursework that needs to be handed in, so people have come looking for it on here, where they will undoubtedly find previous posts that will help them. Because you only have to do coursework only once every so often it would make no sense in wasting precious time in registering, when you could be writing your coursework.

Possible theory.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I was a guest a less than a month ago! But i had to register because some of the threads looked v. interesting...
hypnos
Rep:
?
if you're a lurking guest, plz come out and sign yourself on this thread.

if no one comes forward, well then clearly there's a conspiracy to make UKL seem overcrowded so that Mr White can impose a dictatorship and ban everyone who isn't a "gentleman". or something.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

they just lurk!
we have 7,653 mambers if anyone wants to know!
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
and how many regular posters more than 1/day
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)

pretty impressive
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
28.57%
No (17)
60.71%
Don't know (3)
10.71%

Watched Threads