The Student Room Group

Ways to finance law school in the states JD wise.

i will not be doing the LLM as i wish to stay in the US long term so a JD is more suitable.
But there is not much financial help for international students taking the JD, so does anyone know of any law scholarships, grants, loans an international student can obtain.

My ideal law school which is my first choice will be Georgetown.

Thanks to any answers in advance.
Reply 1
studyboy1992
i will not be doing the LLM as i wish to stay in the US long term so a JD is more suitable.
But there is not much financial help for international students taking the JD, so does anyone know of any law scholarships, grants, loans an international student can obtain.

My ideal law school which is my first choice will be Georgetown.

Thanks to any answers in advance.

Out of curiousity is there a huge difference in employability between an LLM and a JD? I'd imagine that an LLB->LLM would look a lot more unique to employers than the traditional BA->JD route that every local American lawyer faces while technically offering more legal study.

This is assuming youre planning on doing a Bachelors of Legal Letters in the UK and then transferring abroad to the US to do your Masters. If not youre going to have to look at funding for your four years of undergrad first.
Reply 2
Nahdrav
Out of curiousity is there a huge difference in employability between an LLM and a JD? I'd imagine that an LLB->LLM would look a lot more unique to employers than the traditional BA->JD route that every local American lawyer faces while technically offering more legal study.

This is assuming youre planning on doing a Bachelors of Legal Letters in the UK and then transferring abroad to the US to do your Masters. If not youre going to have to look at funding for your four years of undergrad first.

no im doing the LLB then onto the JD, which is what most law schools and employers recommend over there as they are more likely to employ people with a JD rather than a one year LLM, my biggest issue is paying tuition fees, plus i have found out that some schools such as Northwestern to 2 year JD programmes, yet again finance is the major thing holding me back.

Latest

Trending

Trending