What should i of done with... Watch

This discussion is closed.
stuartw101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I got an A in GCSE ICT, im in my first year of college, what course do you think i should if done?

Im doing AVCE ICT

My friend told me i should of done a higher course?

What should i of done?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by stuartw101)
I got an A in GCSE ICT, im in my first year of college, what course do you think i should if done?

Im doing AVCE ICT

My friend told me i should of done a higher course?

What should i of done?
Well many teachers have said that the AVCE is harder than A levels, having done both I am not sure if thats true but they both give you different skills.

There is no way you can pass the AVCE without putting in a lot of hard work, I was working around 20 hours a day none stop during my last few weeks of the AVCE. Its not that easy, things like Systems Analysis are very hard.

The AVCE proves that you are willing to work and you can meet deadlines. A levels also proove this but are more about the ability to reason and develop a logical argument.

I would do an A2 aslongs side it like I did, it will just balance it out a little.
stuartw101
Rep:
?
Im just doing AVCE ICT 3 days a week the rest of the days i work part time except Sunday. I have just handed in Unit 1 - Presenting Information, Unit 6 Database, Unit 4 Hardware, Unit 3 Spreadsheet.

I dont do any college work outside of college, ive had my database work back and i was told it was Excellent, so i must be doing fine.

What did get with this course then?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by stuartw101)
Im just doing AVCE ICT 3 days a week the rest of the days i work part time except Sunday. I have just handed in Unit 1 - Presenting Information, Unit 6 Database, Unit 4 Hardware, Unit 3 Spreadsheet.

I dont do any college work outside of college, ive had my database work back and i was told it was Excellent, so i must be doing fine.

What did get with this course then?
It will get harder I'm surprised you managed to get a good grade on your database without having to do any studying at home.

I got an AB in my AVCE and a B in my AS Business Studies. A lot of the stuff I have learn't has come in useful but my degree course is a lot more tecnical than the AVCE was. I personaly would have liked to have done more programming in my AVCE.
stuartw101
Rep:
?
so what are you doing now?

Ive not been told any of my grades so far, im only a 1/3 of the way through the course, i think trhe 2nd year we will be doing e business.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads