This discussion is closed.
infekt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
ok .. im planning to take the Edexcel further math course next year privately ...
in june this year im giving pure math and chemistry ( AS+A2) from my school as well...
what im confused is tht since i would have already given
p1
p2
p3
p4
p5
p6

what modules do i take in further math ? in the specification it says i have to do p4 and p5 plus 4 other modules 3of which have to applications subjects and 3 have to be A2 modules
basically my question is can i give the following papers and get two grades in math ???

p4
p5
p6 ( A2)
m1 or S1 ( application AS)
m2 ( application A2)
m3 ( application A2)

im good at math so difficulty isnt a problem , please help out ... and good luck to those who are giving their exams as i post
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That will only get you Alevel Maths + AS further Maths, an example is what I'm taking

P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6
M1, M2, M3, S1, S2, D1

You need to do 12 modules to get 2 Alevels.

So perhaps you might do P1 -6, M1-4, and S1-2.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by infekt)
ok .. im planning to take the Edexcel further math course next year privately ...
in june this year im giving pure math and chemistry ( AS+A2) from my school as well...
what im confused is tht since i would have already given
p1
p2
p3
p4
p5
p6

what modules do i take in further math ? in the specification it says i have to do p4 and p5 plus 4 other modules 3of which have to applications subjects and 3 have to be A2 modules
basically my question is can i give the following papers and get two grades in math ???

p4
p5
p6 ( A2)
m1 or S1 ( application AS)
m2 ( application A2)
m3 ( application A2)

im good at math so difficulty isnt a problem , please help out ... and good luck to those who are giving their exams as i post
well basically, to have passed A level maths, you must have had M1, S1, P1, P2, and P3. P4,5,6 are technically further maths modules, with 4 and 5 compulsory, so these will DEFINITELY go into your further maths. you thus take any of the remainding S2,3,4,5,6 or M2,3,4,5,6 and they will be shuffled around, with the computer that calculates your final grades putting the lowest total possible total that gives you and A in Single maths, and bundling everything else into Further.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads