This discussion is closed.
nicky*
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Is anybody else worried about their boyfriends/girlfriends going to different unis than themselves? Coz my bf s going like hundreds of miles away from the uni that i am hoping to go to!
the g
Report 16 years ago
long distance things don't really last IMO. take uni as an opportunity to meet other people*

***** like rabbits.
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nicky*)
Is anybody else worried about their boyfriends/girlfriends going to different unis than themselves? Coz my bf s going like hundreds of miles away from the uni that i am hoping to go to!
It can still work!! Don't give up on it!!

I really want to go to Cardiff... My boyfriend and I have both had offers from there... I REALLY want him to choose it but it HAS to be his own decision, hence I'm trying not to talk to him about it as I find myself persuading him to choose it. If he doesn't choose it, I have faith that it will work.

Edit: If you and your partner want exactly the same thing in a university, what's wrong in going to the same one? I know I'm not just choosing Cardiff because he might; we both applied to (and have had offers from) Birmingham, which he may well choose. After visiting the university, I didn't like it and wouldn't choose it even if he did because I wouldn't be happy there.
phat
Report 16 years ago
i agree with whoever said uni=bunnies
i dumped my 3 year long boyf three months before uni started.
DO NOT GO TO UNI WITH A BOYF/GIRLFRIEND!!
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOL @ the_g!!
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nicky*)
i dumped mine after three months, i know thats crap but there is too much temptation what with going out three times a week and watching everyone else pull, was getting very frustrating
Me2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by phat)
i agree with whoever said uni=bunnies
i dumped my 3 year long boyf three months before uni started.
DO NOT GO TO UNI WITH A BOYF/GIRLFRIEND!!
yeah i'd have to agree, but whats more annoying is that my boyfriends going to uni in september and i'm gonna be left behind in year 12!!!
OldBailey
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know about going to Uni with a g/f or b/f. My sister and her b/f went to different unis - her b/f started a year before her so in total they were apart for 4 years (well, 12 terms) but are still together and just got engaged.

On the other hand, I had a g/f last year, but this summer just gone, cause we lived at opposite ends of the country we found a long distance relationship too difficult.

I think the majority of long distance relationships don't work out, which is a shame, but like rah said, there is the temptation to pull others, and even if you don't he might, and then it'd be hard to work things out (either splitting up or staying together) if you're 100s of miles apart.

It's not nice, but unfortunately it seems to be the case.
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My bf got an offer from Cambridge... Now I want to go there too!!! *sigh*
.NK
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
I really want to go to Cardiff... My boyfriend and I have both had offers from there... I REALLY want him to choose it but it HAS to be his own decision, hence I'm trying not to talk to him about it as I find myself persuading him to choose it.
Edit: If you and your partner want exactly the same thing in a university, what's wrong in going to the same one? I know I'm not just choosing Cardiff because he might; we both applied to (and have had offers from) Birmingham, which he may well choose it.
I was in exactly the same position last year. My boyfriend and I both had offers from Lancaster and Nottingham (our other uni choices were different) but neither of us really liked Lancaster. I was set on going to Nottingham, but he couldn't choose between Nottingham or York. Although I was desperate for him to go to Notts, I wanted it to be his decision.

He decided to go to Notts too in the end, which was great We'd been together four years before we made our final decision, which helped somewhat - if we hadn't already been together so long then I don't think it would have been such an issue.

We're still both at Notts now and both happy we're at the same uni. I live a two minute walk from his flat - ideal to be living close to him but not too claustrophobically!

Not meaning to worry you, but bare in mind that even if you choose the same uni as first choice, you might not both get in
nicky*
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
It can still work!! Don't give up on it!!

I really want to go to Cardiff... My boyfriend and I have both had offers from there... I REALLY want him to choose it but it HAS to be his own decision, hence I'm trying not to talk to him about it as I find myself persuading him to choose it. If he doesn't choose it, I have faith that it will work.

Edit: If you and your partner want exactly the same thing in a university, what's wrong in going to the same one? I know I'm not just choosing Cardiff because he might; we both applied to (and have had offers from) Birmingham, which he may well choose. After visiting the university, I didn't like it and wouldn't choose it even if he did because I wouldn't be happy there.
Thank you, my bf wants to go to Cardiff too so maybe you can look after him for me? I really want to go to Liverpool uni but I havn't had an offer as yet (fingers crossed) but my bf hasnt even applied there so I just dont know! If you go to Cardiff it is lovely all us welshies are v.nice. I'm sure you and your bf will work out, long distances either make you or break you i suppose....... (fingers crossed for you anyway)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads