The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I bought some thinking i would turn into the Hulk, however i never trained while using it so it never worked.

I have a friend who uses it aswell as going the gym and it works for him!
Reply 2
yes i use protein powder to supplement my diet. This is only because i find it a convienient way of getting my daily protein needs. Whey is juts a by product of cheese production and at the end of the day is just another food. If you want to get big youll have to train with heavy weights in combination with a high calorie diet.
Reply 3
icy_shadow2006
does anyone here use any of that protien/thign powder and is it useful,

i wanna put on some weight and not sure if it is will be usefull.

It useful as a supplment to food. Eating real sources of protein like fish, eggs, chicken etc is better but powder is more realistic in everyday life.

Go to www.muscletalk.co.uk for all the info you need
Reply 4
Whey protein is good as its got the best amino acid profile, use it as a supplement in your diet, but mainly stick to foods with protein, just drink the shakes, once in the morning, another one after you have worked out, and the last one before going to bed. Again you dont need to but its recommended for post workout with water, as it allows a quicker absorbtion by the muscles, morning and night time can be replaced with foods such as egg whites, cottage cheese, tuna, etc etc.....
Yes I use whey protein. VERY convenient, cheap, healthy, quick, easy way of getting in protein to your diet. Protein is essential if your looking to build up muscle. Try to get most of your daily protein from "real" foods though. ie, tuna, chicken breast, milk etc.
Reply 6
icy_shadow2006
does anyone here use any of that protien/thign powder and is it useful,

i wanna put on some weight and not sure if it is will be usefull.

Whey Protein powder will not help u gain weight (as Whey is purely protein with no carbs) - it will help muscle repair and rebuild. If u want a weight gainer or something 2 add 2 ur diet (u can use an MRP - but still eat as much as u were) - use MEtarx - this has a healthy balance of carbs and protein and is about 300 calories - 2 of these will add approx 600 calories 2 ur diet - or if u really want 2 bulk - use Pro-mass - there are others but the ones I have mentioned are quality powders.

Protein powder will not turn u into a hulk but as far as I m concerned it is a necessity - ppl on this froum go on and on about getting it from ur foods is better - do u know how much food u would need 2 consume 2 get the protein intake they recommend for body building? For me it would b very hard 2 consume approx 300g of protein purely through food - also the quality of whey protein is excellent.

T
Reply 7
If you want to gain weight eat more food, forget about protein shakes until you can gain weight through eating food alone, protein supplements are only there to give more control over macronutrient ratios, they won't help you put on weight.
I use Maximuscle Progain - maximuscle are probably the best, this powder has whey,eggs,fish,beef and chicken and i mix it with a couple of banana's and milk in the mixer.
the only problem is that it makes you do a ***** around 3 times a day - but i guess it's worth it for building muscles quick.

it's what professionals use. 453,000 calories per serving, lol

http://store.maximuscle.co.uk/epages/maximuscle.storefront/EN/Product/1010?SEprogain
Reply 9
:eating:
Reply 10
TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY
I use Maximuscle Progain - maximuscle are probably the best, this powder has whey,eggs,fish,beef and chicken and i mix it with a couple of banana's and milk in the mixer.
the only problem is that it makes you do a ***** around 3 times a day - but i guess it's worth it for building muscles quick.

it's what professionals use. 453,000 calories per serving, lol

http://store.maximuscle.co.uk/epages/maximuscle.storefront/EN/Product/1010?SEprogain

Maximuscle supplements are far from the best and very pricey, if it has whey eggs fish beef and chicken, why not just eat them instead?
Reply 11
imasillynarb
Maximuscle supplements are far from the best and very pricey, if it has whey eggs fish beef and chicken, why not just eat them instead?

Which one's do you think are the best and value for money etc?
Reply 12
Which one's do you think are the best and value for money etc?

Best Whey = cheap unflavoured stuff, its all the same at the end of the day, so why waste your money?
Best MRP = cheap unflavoured whey + instant oats
Reply 13
I use Pro Peptide....forgot who its made by, but its the one endorsed by Dorian Yates. Ive tried a few other one, Met-rex, Maximuscle, Myoplex, etc....like this one best (appart from maximuscle cyclone....but thats far tooooo expensive). Is decent value too.
Reply 14
Anywhere which sells unflavoured whey at a good price, have a shop around, the whey used in maximuscle supplements and the whey bought in bulk in unlabelled tubs is almost always made in the same factory!

Only difference is maximuscle add lots of "****" to it which not only bumps up the price but falsely makes you think improvements in performance are down to whey rather than the "extra" supplements they put in.
Are u soppused to work out regulararly when u take the protein?
icy_shadow2006

do you think drinking 200,000 calories and not doing any exercise is good for your body?
Reply 17
Sorry, where has this 200000 figure come from?
icy_shadow2006

No point in supplementing with whey shakes if you're not working out or if the rest of your diet isn't in check.
Reply 19
www.wheyconsortium.co.uk

i think this is still the link. Buy unflavoured and take two lots a day with mulk and nesqucik.

Make sure you eat reall food as well. Fish, eggs. Lots of good fats are essential for effective bulking.

Jay