This discussion is closed.
Musicwoman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
So what do you reckon? If we (like me) haven't heard from the pool by now (despite letters saying they were considering and sending out offers till 15th) are we stuffed?

Do I sit in a corner and howl now or is there still hope?

Yours utterly p***ed off, were it not for the thought of P2 this week keeping me hanging on in there
sky
Report 16 years ago
i think *probably* stuffed, though there was a post somewhere about someone last year getting a pool offer through in mid-jan after losing all hope.
Also some people have already recieved pool rejections, and if you havent yet you might (possibly) still be under consideration.
Good luck with P2!
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Musicwoman)
So what do you reckon? If we (like me) haven't heard from the pool by now (despite letters saying they were considering and sending out offers till 15th) are we stuffed?

Do I sit in a corner and howl now or is there still hope?

Yours utterly p***ed off, were it not for the thought of P2 this week keeping me hanging on in there
yeah pretty much, although you *still* have the chance of your first choice college taking you back, this a very very slim chance though you must understand

start preparing yourself for going to your second choice
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well yes, lots of people have been accepted in the past in the middle of january, I still havent gotten an official rejection personally but after that email ( http://www.uk-learning.net/t21534.html ) that they sent in reply I think im stuffed
Musicwoman
Rep:
?
(Original post by adelz)
Well yes, lots of people have been accepted in the past in the middle of january, I still havent gotten an official rejection personally but after that email ( http://www.uk-learning.net/t21534.html ) that they sent in reply I think im stuffed

Hi

I applied to Sidney too...terrible interview there, though the subject one was fine I think.

Oh well maybe I'll get my rejection letter tomorrow then.

Good luck wherever you go!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi

I applied to Sidney too...terrible interview there, though the subject one was fine I think.

ah .. well both my interviews went really well - you can see from what theyve written to me but .. oh well ..
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hello well this is the "drowning in the pool club" then huh? well i dunno whats happening........it feels like a delayed rejection...im trying to get over it!
Musicwoman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tina)
hello well this is the "drowning in the pool club" then huh? well i dunno whats happening........it feels like a delayed rejection...im trying to get over it!

Yep. There's only one word for it - ****!!

I know in the big scheme of things it's not the worse thing in life that can happen but it is utterly miserable after having made my mind up 3 or 4 years ago that it's what I wanted.

I don't know whether atsraight rejection would have been easier, but to have been SO close... and it's annoying when I know people who've got in in other years who are less experienced / qualified than I am. I'm not saying they dont deserve it - of course they do - and it's a lottery but, well, they are not me!!
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep. There's only one word for it - ****!!

I know in the big scheme of things it's not the worse thing in life that can happen but it is utterly miserable after having made my mind up 3 or 4 years ago that it's what I wanted.

I don't know whether atsraight rejection would have been easier, but to have been SO close... and it's annoying when I know people who've got in in other years who are less experienced / qualified than I am. I'm not saying they dont deserve it - of course they do - and it's a lottery but, well, they are not me!!
ye i think sometimes it can come down to luck and i spose thats the worst....i sometimes think straight rejection might have been easier coz i would have gotten over it by now....or maybe not!
fit
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hi

Did you have an interview with Richard Partington that went as badly as mine?!
Musicwoman
Rep:
?
(Original post by fit)

Yes! Oh yes!! Classically bad! I've moaned about it on another thread but it's nice to be able to wallow again...LOL

NOTHING from my PS... NOTHING about why I wanted to study at cam...or at Sidney...or Music...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just asked me what I jhad read and wasn't interested when I said I'd been reading music books recently...

asked me about last fiction book and gave me fithy look when I said 'harry Potter'...

asked me about political bias in the paper I read...then just kept on saying 'Well what do you want to talk about then...?'

It was awful...

How about yours?
Musicwoman
Rep:
?
(Original post by fit)
LOl I wonder if you were the person who came out immediately before me, lookng utterly dejected...and I thought 'Oh ****...' LOL
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOl I wonder if you were the person who came out immediately before me, lookng utterly dejected...and I thought 'Oh ****...' LOL
LOL thats funny... sorry .. its wierd i didnt have one with R.Partington - I had them with Dr Greer and Professor Richens (architects & director of studies)
fit
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes! Oh yes!! Classically bad! I've moaned about it on another thread but it's nice to be able to wallow again...LOL

NOTHING from my PS... NOTHING about why I wanted to study at cam...or at Sidney...or Music...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just asked me what I jhad read and wasn't interested when I said I'd been reading music books recently...

asked me about last fiction book and gave me fithy look when I said 'harry Potter'...

asked me about political bias in the paper I read...then just kept on saying 'Well what do you want to talk about then...?'

It was awful...

How about yours?
Well we didn't have a lack of things to talk about! All the legal questions he asked me went fine, but then he asked me for 20 minutes about Henry VII (which I haven't studies for over a year - and I've applied to do Law by the way!!) which were really obscure and hard so he spent most of the time guiding me down the right path after I'd gone down completely the wrong one!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 2 Jul '20
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 3 Jul '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (444)
59.04%
Yes- I don't like it (42)