The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i think *probably* stuffed, though there was a post somewhere about someone last year getting a pool offer through in mid-jan after losing all hope.
Also some people have already recieved pool rejections, and if you havent yet you might (possibly) still be under consideration.
Good luck with P2!
Musicwoman
So what do you reckon? If we (like me) haven't heard from the pool by now (despite letters saying they were considering and sending out offers till 15th) are we stuffed?

Do I sit in a corner and howl now or is there still hope?

Yours utterly p***ed off, were it not for the thought of P2 this week keeping me hanging on in there :smile:

yeah pretty much, although you *still* have the chance of your first choice college taking you back, this a very very slim chance though you must understand

start preparing yourself for going to your second choice :smile:
Reply 3
Well yes, lots of people have been accepted in the past in the middle of january, I still havent gotten an official rejection personally but after that email ( http://www.uk-learning.net/t21534.html ) that they sent in reply I think im stuffed
Reply 4
adelz
Well yes, lots of people have been accepted in the past in the middle of january, I still havent gotten an official rejection personally but after that email ( http://www.uk-learning.net/t21534.html ) that they sent in reply I think im stuffed

Hi

I applied to Sidney too...terrible interview there, though the subject one was fine I think.

Oh well maybe I'll get my rejection letter tomorrow then. :frown:

Good luck wherever you go!
Reply 5
Musicwoman
Hi

I applied to Sidney too...terrible interview there, though the subject one was fine I think.

ah .. well both my interviews went really well - you can see from what theyve written to me but .. oh well .. :frown:
Reply 6
hello well this is the "drowning in the pool club" then huh? well i dunno whats happening........it feels like a delayed rejection...im trying to get over it!
Reply 7
Tina
hello well this is the "drowning in the pool club" then huh? well i dunno whats happening........it feels like a delayed rejection...im trying to get over it!

Yep. There's only one word for it - SHIT!!

I know in the big scheme of things it's not the worse thing in life that can happen but it is utterly miserable after having made my mind up 3 or 4 years ago that it's what I wanted.

I don't know whether atsraight rejection would have been easier, but to have been SO close... and it's annoying when I know people who've got in in other years who are less experienced / qualified than I am. I'm not saying they dont deserve it - of course they do - and it's a lottery but, well, they are not me!! :smile:
Reply 8
Musicwoman
Yep. There's only one word for it - SHIT!!

I know in the big scheme of things it's not the worse thing in life that can happen but it is utterly miserable after having made my mind up 3 or 4 years ago that it's what I wanted.

I don't know whether atsraight rejection would have been easier, but to have been SO close... and it's annoying when I know people who've got in in other years who are less experienced / qualified than I am. I'm not saying they dont deserve it - of course they do - and it's a lottery but, well, they are not me!! :smile:

ye i think sometimes it can come down to luck and i spose thats the worst....i sometimes think straight rejection might have been easier coz i would have gotten over it by now....or maybe not! :tongue:
Reply 9
Musicwoman
Hi

Did you have an interview with Richard Partington that went as badly as mine?!
Reply 10
fit

Yes! Oh yes!! Classically bad! I've moaned about it on another thread but it's nice to be able to wallow again...LOL

NOTHING from my PS... NOTHING about why I wanted to study at cam...or at Sidney...or Music...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just asked me what I jhad read and wasn't interested when I said I'd been reading music books recently...

asked me about last fiction book and gave me fithy look when I said 'harry Potter'...

asked me about political bias in the paper I read...then just kept on saying 'Well what do you want to talk about then...?'

It was awful...

How about yours?
Reply 11
fit

LOl I wonder if you were the person who came out immediately before me, lookng utterly dejected...and I thought 'Oh shit...' LOL
Reply 12
Musicwoman
LOl I wonder if you were the person who came out immediately before me, lookng utterly dejected...and I thought 'Oh shit...' LOL

LOL thats funny... sorry .. its wierd i didnt have one with R.Partington - I had them with Dr Greer and Professor Richens (architects & director of studies)
Reply 13
Musicwoman
Yes! Oh yes!! Classically bad! I've moaned about it on another thread but it's nice to be able to wallow again...LOL

NOTHING from my PS... NOTHING about why I wanted to study at cam...or at Sidney...or Music...NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just asked me what I jhad read and wasn't interested when I said I'd been reading music books recently...

asked me about last fiction book and gave me fithy look when I said 'harry Potter'...

asked me about political bias in the paper I read...then just kept on saying 'Well what do you want to talk about then...?'

It was awful...

How about yours?

Well we didn't have a lack of things to talk about! All the legal questions he asked me went fine, but then he asked me for 20 minutes about Henry VII (which I haven't studies for over a year - and I've applied to do Law by the way!!) which were really obscure and hard so he spent most of the time guiding me down the right path after I'd gone down completely the wrong one!

Latest

Trending

Trending