The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

happysunshine
I'd agree (although I know nothing about it), it just sounds like too much hard work to get in and whilst you there... maybe Bolton looks funner.

Bolton be a proper bo place. (not the uni) I live about 40 mins away from it!
Joey_Johns
Sorry. I have no idea what that means. I think Imperial is supposed to be good for physics.

Oxford is the best for Physics in the UK.

Its even better than Cambridge.

it has a reputation for Physics, aswell as a reputation in general of course.

York and Durham are as good as Imperial for Physics btw, if better - especially York.
bono
Since when did you know my grades? :confused:

Stalker, stalker!!! :biggrin: (j/k)

LOL, I remember everyones grades, somehow. I don't revise them although I like looking at the 'who are you' thread and seeing what SAT results people got, then A-Levels and then I can see what I could get :tongue:
Joey_Johns
Bolton be a proper bo place. (not the uni) I live about 40 mins away from it!

Is the university that bad? :tongue:
happysunshine
LOL, I remember everyones grades, somehow. I don't revise them although I like looking at the 'who are you' thread and seeing what SAT results people got, then A-Levels and then I can see what I could get :tongue:

Ahhh right, i see. :wink:

My SAT results are measly! :biggrin:
bono
Ahhh right, i see. :wink:

My SAT results are measly! :biggrin:

LOL, now I can't remember them!
happysunshine

Apparently its hideous! :tongue:
bono
Oxford is the best for Physics in the UK.

Its even better than Cambridge.

it has a reputation for Physics, aswell as a reputation in general of course.

York and Durham are as good as Imperial for Physics btw, if better - especially York.

You'd obviously know more than me, my old computing teacher had a physics degree from Imperial and he really promoted it. Oxford is actually better for my subject but the degree is an extra year. They can get knotted, I aint doing longer than three years!
happysunshine

I didnt actually know it existed until I came on this board and people slagged it off so erm, that could be a good indication to its quality...
happysunshine
LOL, now I can't remember them!

SATS:

Mathematics - 7
Science - 8
English - 7

GCSE's: 6 A*'s and 4A's.
happysunshine

In that case I did brilliantly because I didnt have to take SATS :biggrin:
bono
SATS:

Mathematics - 7
Science - 8
English - 7

GCSE's: 6 A*'s and 4A's.

Hideous?
Joey_Johns
I didnt actually know it existed until I came on this board and people slagged it off so erm, that could be a good indication to its quality...

I think it's probably a further education college with some degree courses?
Joey_Johns
In that case I did brilliantly because I didnt have to take SATS :biggrin:

Yes going from 000 is a big jump :tongue:
happysunshine
Hideous?

i said measly, not hideous!
happysunshine
I think it's probably a further education college with some degree courses?

I wouldnt know but probably. A few of my friends now go to University in Preston, not because it was the best choice for the grades they got but because they want to live near home. I suppose it could have some people like that.
bono
i said measly, not hideous!

Sorry, I got the posts mixed up!
Joey_Johns
I wouldnt know but probably. A few of my friends now go to University in Preston, not because it was the best choice for the grades they got but because they want to live near home. I suppose it could have some people like that.

Yes, so in that case it's not such a bad idea because the degrees wont be run by Bolton... they'll be from some other university.
happysunshine
Sorry, I got the posts mixed up!

np :biggrin:

I would say my grades are fairly decent, but nothing "special" by any stretch of the imagination.

Although i feel that I will do well at AS, devoting a bit more time and working harder...
happysunshine
Yes going from 000 is a big jump :tongue:

Yeah I'm all about top wack 'value added' grades :biggrin:.

So glad I didnt have to do SATS, I had to do exams at school but there is less pressure because they dont mean as much as SATS.

Latest

Trending

Trending