"I don't like cocky guys" = scared of being hurt

Watch
Phonicsdude
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Im just tryina say the way kathhhy lee needs regis, the way school need teachers, that's the way I need jesuss..

OK so waddup.. I think women who say they don't like cocky guys are insecure and see cockyness as a threat to that insecurity and push these guys away because they don't want to risk getting hurt. By getting hurt I mean having their fragile egos shattered.

Am I right or am I harsh?
Gez1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not insecure, I like guys with some degree of confidence but when they're really in your face with it that's just a massive turn-off for me as it grates on my nerves. I like guys with a certain amount of humility. There's only so far a cocky guy can get without being regarded as pushy.
I don't have a fragile ego, I just know what I want.
Hooj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Girls are so fragile, like porcelain.
bacforever3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Im just tryina say the way kathhhy lee needs regis, the way school need teachers, that's the way I need jesuss..

OK so waddup.. I think women who say they don't like cocky guys are insecure and see cockyness as a threat to that insecurity and push these guys away because they don't want to risk getting hurt. By getting hurt I mean having their fragile egos shattered.

Cocky guys are soooo unattractive!
So naah... its not fear of getting hurt, just not something you want in a guy!
Honestly, if they are that cocky then no-one else would want them anyway so its not like they can leave you for anyone else!
pomme de terre
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like cocky guys, so what does that make me!?
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
(Original post by pomme de terre)
I like cocky guys, so what does that make me!?
Fit.
Phonicsdude
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gez1990)
I'm not insecure, I like guys with some degree of confidence but when they're really in your face with it that's just a massive turn-off for me as it grates on my nerves. I like guys with a certain amount of humility. There's only so far a cocky guy can get without being regarded as pushy.
I don't have a fragile ego, I just know what I want.
Cocky doesn't mean in your face. It means edgy. Confident in his own abilities. Just a bit of ego.

Agree about being too cocky though. But if you can back it up then where's the issue...as long as it's not compensating for something..

edit: would you say Mourinho is too cocky? how about cristiano ronaldo?
Mann18
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Rejected by a girl for being too cocky OP? :p:

Happens to all of us.

"Cocky," "Arrogant," "Murderous..." Whatever right?
My Alt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ummm, how about I just don't want a man who thinks he's right / the best all the time. Like the relationship would ever be about me. A bit of balance would be nice please

Also overconfidence = ****.
FieldLeftBlank
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not too fond of them. Confidence is good but overdoing it is just lame.

And trust me, OP... my ego is very far from fragile. In fact, you can use it to build nuclear submarines.
Gez1990
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cocky doesn't mean in your face. It means edgy. Confident in his own abilities. Just a bit of ego.

Agree about being too cocky though. But if you can back it up then where's the issue...as long as it's not compensating for something..

I don't know enough about football to pass fair judgement on either person. But I do think there is a certain degree of in-your-face-ness with cocky guys though, because they're always so eager to show what they can do. And while it pays to have that kind of confidence in an employment setting, I imagine in a social setting it can be quite...isolating.

I'm not really sure what my issue is with cocky guys, if I'm honest. I just think certain personalities match up perfectly and cocky people are perhaps better off with other cocky people. I just find it off-putting
keepoffthelawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wtf? since when was being cocky a good trait?!??!?!
the realist
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
girls love arrogant guys.

Or should i say they like genuine cockiness.....forced arrogance just comes off annoying and try hard. A woman really just wants a man who is very superior to her, such a man would know it, and would display it effortlessly...
jimbo139
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I loathe cocky guys - and since I am a heterosexual man, this is clearly not due to 'fear of being hurt'.

I think most people of both sexes hate cocky guys.

Cristiano Ronaldo is a good example of the sort of immature, arrogant narcissist I hate, and I'm not the only one: http://www.soccernews.com/top-10-mos...anagers/39099/
Davezk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
People think I'm cocky but I'm nice really.
Hooj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cristiano Ronaldo is allowed to be a bit cocky, he's ace at Football and he is seeing Kim Kardashian!!

The BASSTURD!
One Man Clique
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

You describe yourself as "edgy"? Seriously?

Christiano Ronaldo has won countless footballing trophies. What are your abilities again?
death.drop
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate cocky guys and, again, it's not fear of being hurt. I can't stand cocky people full stop - as friends, as partners, even just being in the same room as the particularly loud ones.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be around someone who clearly thinks they're gods gift.
sassy123
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its very hit and miss with me i hate the cocky ones who are very chavvy e.g "yo whats ya number" (happend at a bus stop to me).
Astra_K
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

BS imo. Some girls dont like cocky guys for the same reason i dont like cocky girls. They are facking irritating. Nothing to do with being hurt, just generally fake, annoying people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads