GCSE remark and resit information and discussion Watch

This discussion is closed.
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
For 2018 GCSE remark information please clickHERE.

With GCSE results due out in the coming weeks, many of you may have questions and concerns about how how the resit and remark procedures work. This thread is to allow you to ask any questions you might have and help you to find guidance during what may be an understandably stressful time.

Please keep all discussion of remarks and resits in this thread. If anyone has any information that the think should be added into this opening post, please let me know (quote me) and I'll take a look.

Good luck to everyone getting their results shortly!
Danomind
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How does this remarking process work? How do I request remark? And do I have to pay? Someone PLEASE explain to me what happens after Aug 27th!
lolhenry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You have to pay no?
LtCommanderData
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you tell the exam officer at your school, they send it off, if your grade changes you don't have to pay if it doesn't change you do have to pay (not sure how much, maybe £50? Just a guess)
bringmesunshine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i had my english lit paper remarked as i was 1 mark off a B, it cost £40 and they wouldn't even find that one mark you get the money back if your mark is higher, you don't if it stays the same or is made lower.
JamesNWA
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just tell your exams officer and he/she will send it off. We got told its £36-£45 for remarking depending on the subject and the tier.
Wish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What the time limit in which an appeal has to be placed? (For AQA & Edexcel).

Also, how much does it cost?

Thank You in advance.
JaneyPoo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For anyone reading this who might know, do you know about OCR too please?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wish)
What the time limit in which an appeal has to be placed? (For AQA & Edexcel).
Also, how much does it cost?
20 September 2009
Last date for Edexcel to receive applications for Enquiries About Results of June 2009 examinations. Your school will have an earlier date to enable them to do their admin.

For GCSE the fee Edexcel charge your school is £23.20 per paper. (The school may charge you more).

Fee is waived if the remark causes your grade to increase.

All awarding bodies operate on the same agreed dates and charge similar fees.

Source:
http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/I%20w...%20Service.pdf
xmaidenx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Edexcel charge £23.20?
My school is charging us away extraa!
£40! That is ridiculous, they are such scroungers!
Kinesthetic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are posting charges too - but you should take that up with your school. Might there be VAT on that too?
YUNG_OB_09
Report 10 years ago
I recently recieved my GCSE results. I was predicted a mixture of As, Bs, and Cs. But got this:

Eng Lang - B
Eng Lit - B
Maths - B
Additional Science - C
Science - C
French - C
Geography - C
History - B
RE - B

My real dissapointments were RE, History and Geography. For RE, i got an A in this year's exam but a B in my year 10 exam which took it to a B. Overall, i got 158 out of 200 and i needed 160 out of 200 to get an A. I really want at least 1 A in my results and i'm wondering whether do request a remark, as i got 84 out of 100 in this years exam and only needed 86 for that A. Shall i speak to my teachers at school about it ?

Also, for Geogrpahy i was given a B for coursework and i guarantee that at the VERY LEAST i got a high C in the exam, so I don't know how i ended up with a C. For History, i am 95% certain i got an A in the exam the coursework must have brought this down, i am really dissapointed as I am an A grade student in humanities and now there is so millions of other students out there wit As and A*s.

I will still be able to do the subjects i want at A level, but i really feel by GCSE results will hamper my chances of securing a place in a top university of my choice.

I am quite distraught and have been cursed out by my parent for my results to the point of being a called a waste of time and a disgrace. I don't know what to do, shall i pursue that remark for my RE GCSE, as even if they deuduct 10 marks i will still end up with a B.

at 4form, im taking re, sociology, history, and politics
Scientific Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi all.

I want to remark one of my papers but how?? Do i go to the exam board or my school? And is there a time limit for requesting a remark?
thanks
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You need to go through your school AFAIK
TheMeister
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You got 12 A*s and 2 As; if you're not happy with that, you need shooting.
Lrilol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheMeister)
You got 12 A*s and 2 As; if you're not happy with that, you need shooting.
Surely if one of those A's is 1 mark from an A* it's worth the remark? Or do you think he's better off just accepting a grade less?
Scientific Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lrilol)
Surely if one of those A's is 1 mark from an A* it's worth the remark? Or do you think he's better off just accepting a grade less?
You're right. I was on the verge with one of my GCSEs and my teachers are shocked i underperformed. a remark is a paramount necessity.
TheMeister
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lrilol)
I shalln't grace that ridiculously clueless question with an answer that's relevant.
fineanddandy
Report 10 years ago
The deadline is usually 20th September. This will give you plenty of time to organise it at the beginning of the next academic year. This is because priority re-marks are usually given to A-level students who may have universities places pending on their examination results.
Lrilol
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheMeister)
I shalln't grace that ridiculously clueless question with an answer that's relevant.
Shall not or can't, just wondering.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads