nm10
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi,

How would you go about applying for a job at Game, and which branch you want to work at. I would really like to work there as I am an avid gamer, and getting paid for what you love is amazing.

I thinking about getting the job next year as I am not 16 and I don't have my NI number, but I am just curious on how I will approach them.

Thanks
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You go into Game with a CV and ask if they are taking on staff.

Not much more you can do.
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yup. What that guy said

I had an interview with them, and they postponed it and never called back rearranging it. What batties.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nm10)
Hi,

How would you go about applying for a job at Game, and which branch you want to work at. I would really like to work there as I am an avid gamer, and getting paid for what you love is amazing.

I thinking about getting the job next year as I am not 16 and I don't have my NI number, but I am just curious on how I will approach them.

Thanks
1. You dont "get paid to game" . I love clothes but working in retail store isnt exactly amazing lol..

2. You either hand in CV or fill in application form depending on what they do

3. It isnt as easy as "getting the job next year" especially seem as you will only be 16 with no experience.
CuteStar*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
CV

done
nm10
Thanks for the replies, and I like you're animated picture LOL apparently you have to keep on nagging to get an interview them.
CoffeeStinks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Some of the Game stores don't hire under 18 since some of the games are 18+ not sure about all the shops though.
Lizzzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Seeing as you have no experience with a job ever

i'd try and strike up some banter with the staff, and try and make them remember you

but yeah drop off your CV and hope they call you for an interview
Kiwiguy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nm10)
Hi,

Thanks
You rock up wearing this
nm10
LOL, I do have Work Experience, but I worked at a company which didn't have branches also I went through my cousin.
Jamin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They don't have an online application system. For vacancies go into the store and ask, if they are hiring give them your CV, if they're not give them your CV anyway.
joey!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nm10)
Hi,

Thanks
You're not getting paid for what you love, which I'm going to assume is gaming.

You're getting paid for retail, which is pretty much at the other end of the spectrum of fun. I have to emphasise this. Just because you work at game doesn't mean you'll be playing any more games than you are right now.

Enjoy pissy managers, annoying ***** for customers, working stupid hours doing menial tasks in the back or maybe sitting out front dealing with hormonal teenager gamers who apparently have no face, but a bulging mass of acne.

I advise looking for a different job.
Phillipsherman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
http://retailjobs.game.co.uk/
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's about next to impossible to get a job there ime.
Kiwiguy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by joey!)

I advise looking for a different job.
Bitter much? :p:
joey!
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Kiwiguy)
Bitter much? :p:
Retail isn't fun. Unless you're a manager.
chiliman14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I worked as an xmas temp for gamestation when I was 16/17, thats probably your best chance at getting a job there then if your good enough they may keep you on. By the way you dont get to play any games, most of it is approaching customers trying to flog them gaming bundles with extra warranty :P
d0mz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I didn't think you applied for a job in Game, I thought you had to be part of an online gaming clan or something and then you were recruited for the job by someone on the clan. Then the interview consisted purely on a) how ugly you are and b) your performance in a hardcore team deathmatch on MW2.
Kiwiguy
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by joey!)
Retail isn't fun. Unless you're a manager.
No your right, but at the age of 16, getting some money at the end of the money isnt bad, plus discounts etc mean that if you have to work in retail, i.e: your 16 and nowhere else will take you, you might as well work somewhere where you can get some benefits.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They are generally very cliquey.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.62%
No (194)
76.38%

Watched Threads