any suggestions to cure discolouration caused by eczema?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Anon because I find this embarassing. Mods, please move the thread if its in the wrong section (just wanted the anonymity function)

Having eczema has left my skin sort of discoloured and dull in places although the actual eczema itself is much better. I was wondering if anyone knew any cures/creams/tips/advice for this. It would really, really be appreciated!
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bio-Oil. available from Boots, superdrug and most chemists/pharmacies.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Bio-Oil. available from Boots, superdrug and most chemists/pharmacies.
I've recently started to use this (2 weeks) but I'm a bit worried, it's all hype or that it's more for other reasons like stretch marks even though it says its for 'uneven skin tone' on the label.
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It says it's for scarring, skin discolouration and stretchmarks. Your skin discolouration is caused by scarring from your eczema.... you should be okay to use it, no problem.

I'm using it on old patches of psoriasis that are discoloured/scarred too.
~miffy~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used bio-oil for over a year on marks/discolouration from ezcema and tbh it didnt really have much of an affect, but i suppose it can have different results on different people. I actually found cocoa butter cream was better for me, also its much cheaper!
Irrelevance
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bio-oil is a bit stupid really. In short, it doesn't work and is a waste of money. Lying in the sun has more of an effect, I find. UV light is good for it - not so sure about sun beds so don't go around tango'ing yourself silly.
Sweet by and by
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fucidin H cream from doctors, they gave me it for my eczema when it was bleeding but i used it on my scars aswell and it clears them up because it kills any remaining bacteria, works within a day or two
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
It says it's for scarring, skin discolouration and stretchmarks. Your skin discolouration is caused by scarring from your eczema.... you should be okay to use it, no problem.

I'm using it on old patches of psoriasis that are discoloured/scarred too.
How long have u been using it? Has it had significant effect?
Ilora-Danon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How long have u been using it? Has it had significant effect?
I bought it yesterday lol.
Anonymous #1
has anyone used bio-oil for reasons similar to mine and found that it worked?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sweet by and by)
Fucidin H cream from doctors, they gave me it for my eczema when it was bleeding but i used it on my scars aswell and it clears them up because it kills any remaining bacteria, works within a day or two
Is this still ok to use on thinner skin? and is it actually for skin discolouration or more to clear up the eczema?
MarmiteOnToast
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I use sudocrem and palmer's cocoa butter, combined with lots of sun. I'm not sure which is doing the trick but my scars seem to be fading!
Miss Behaving
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bio oil and this http://www.boots.com/en/Garnier-Pure...r-Wash_1043973

Works a treat.
CoffeeStinks
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cream your self lots (perhaps cocoa butter), also expose it to the sun. Not to the 'I'm burning!!' stage but just light tan. I had dark marks on the inside of my elbows around eyes and back of knees due to eczema but now 2years on it's completely cleared up.

Good luck though
Anonymous #1
any other suggestions?
Sweet by and by
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Is this still ok to use on thinner skin? and is it actually for skin discolouration or more to clear up the eczema?
Yep its fine, you shouldn't use it for long amounts of time. I think its for infected cuts from eczema which cause scarring. If you have an infection and skin grows over it then it can cause discolouration. I personally wouldn't bother with bio oil, if your willing to pay then there's something called Strivectin which removes scarring and discolouration its the one for stretch marks I use
Anonymous #1
Yep its fine, you shouldn't use it for long amounts of time. I think its for infected cuts from eczema which cause scarring. If you have an infection and skin grows over it then it can cause discolouration. I personally wouldn't bother with bio oil, if your willing to pay then there's something called Strivectin which removes scarring and discolouration its the one for stretch marks I use
wow its certainly pricey. does it work significantly for you though?
Sweet by and by
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
wow its certainly pricey. does it work significantly for you though?
Yeahh, it worked for my eczema, stretch marks and surgery scars
Anonymous #1
Yeahh, it worked for my eczema, stretch marks and surgery scars
can i just ask about the rough time frame it took to have had effect with u?
truthfulskies
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is shea butter or cocoa butter better for post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation from eczema? What about those tiny dark stubborn spots that stay behind (they were once inflamed)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (114)
13.85%
I'm not sure (36)
4.37%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (249)
30.26%
I have already dropped out (21)
2.55%
I'm not a current university student (403)
48.97%

Watched Threads