Driving Licence Help!

Watch
Wizz09
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm filling out my driving licence application form and I'm stuck on whether I need my photo signed or not.

To confirm my identity, I'm using the section on the form where the simply ask you to enter your digital UK passport number and hence you don't have to send in your actual passport.

Now, according to DVLA:

"If you’re providing identity documents other than an up-to-date passport, UK travel document or an EC/EEA identity card (apart from Sweden), you must get someone reliable to sign the back of your photo. The person signing your photo must also complete section seven of your D1 form."

The thing is, It doesn't clarify whether entering your digital passport number in the identity section means that you don't have to have the back of your photo signed by another person.

So question is, Do I have to get it singed unless I'm actually sending in the physical passport?
Lack of Creativity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used my digital UK passport number and didn't get my photo signed. No problems at all.
Advisor
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wizz09)
Now, according to DVLA:

"If you’re providing identity documents other than an up-to-date passport, UK travel document or an EC/EEA identity card (apart from Sweden), you must get someone reliable to sign the back of your photo. The person signing your photo must also complete section seven of your D1 form."

The thing is, It doesn't clarify
It does. The sentence you've quoted refers to providing documents. You aren't. You are merely providing a number to allow them to verify your identity with the Passport Agency. There is no need to have your photograph signed.
bestie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are providing a link to your passport so your fine, you do not need it signed.
Wizz09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks for clearing that up guys. Much appreciated.
Slowbro93
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry to but in, but if I just did my form and I put down my digital passport number, but also got somebody to sign my picture, will anything happen?
Stinehh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wizz09)
I'm filling out my driving licence application form and I'm stuck on whether I need my photo signed or not.

To confirm my identity, I'm using the section on the form where the simply ask you to enter your digital UK passport number and hence you don't have to send in your actual passport.

Now, according to DVLA:

The thing is, It doesn't clarify whether entering your digital passport number in the identity section means that you don't have to have the back of your photo signed by another person.

So question is, Do I have to get it singed unless I'm actually sending in the physical passport?
i got mine signed any way just to be safe
Lack of Creativity
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cpdavis)
Sorry to but in, but if I just did my form and I put down my digital passport number, but also got somebody to sign my picture, will anything happen?
They can't exactly complain that you've got someone to verify your identity AND given them your passport number, you'll be fine.
thecoolcat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EmmaDilemma)
Sorry for bumping in as well!
But I just applied there and I gave my passport number and what not... I'm not sure if my passport is digital. It doesn't have the chip but it has a strip at the bottom that's like

P<SURNAME<<<<FIRSTNAME<SECONDNAM E<<<<< then a bunch of numbers?
I was recently in america with it and I've heard they don't accept UK passports that aren't digital anyway.. also it was issued in May 2006.
I didnt have any problems when I payed and applied and they said they would send me a form... does that mean I don't have to send in my passport? Cos I start UNI in a month and I really think I'll need my passport for ID.
If your photograph and signature appear on the same page you have a digital passport and don't need to send it in.

All you need to do is write the 9 digit passport number on the form when sending it off.
thecoolcat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by EmmaDilemma)
Ah okay thats great! thanks! I said I didn't want them to use my passport photo as it was taken 5 years ago plus its in the days before i discovered make up and bare a similar resemblence to shrek. So would they need my passport to confirm signature/picture?
I see you're at aberdeen as well... are they strict on I.D? I don't want to take my passport wherever I go hence why I've applied for my provisional license!
It'll all be on their system so you don't need to send it in, I don't think. Although you'll need to send in a separate passport sized photo (preferably not a Shrek one)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...nce/DG_4022091

^^ That should be of help :yep:

TBH, you will need ID unless you spend every night at JPs or The Hole which isn't advisable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (137)
28.48%
No - I have already returned home (65)
13.51%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.36%
No - I live at home during term anyway (141)
29.31%

Watched Threads