The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ruthie
i showed the lost prophets how to get to the venue where their gig was! and played paper aeroplanes with wol from spunge!

i love them! i've met 3 of them, and my friend managed to get a limited edition vinyl signed by 4 members + hopefully we'll get the other 2 in half term when we go to see them. i saw lee (cute blonde guitarist) in leeds as well... *is not obsessed*
i've met quite a lot of the pro golfers when the open was about half a mile away from my house (tiger woods stayed in my friends house, it's the nicest house i've ever been in)
most of the scotland rugby squad (i'm a huge fan and have my own seat at murrayfield)
one of my best mates dad used to play for liverpool (Ronnie Whelan) and i went on a school ski trip with Alan Hansen's daughter, and i used to get the bus with Kenny Dalglish's daughter.

one of my brothers old housemates spent her gap year in Thailand and was at the top of some mountain where she met Sir Ian McKellan (who she completely failed to recognise) + she got chatting to him + for some reason she described the place as 'having little hobbit holes'... it was at that point he walked off fairly quickly looking a bit p***ed off + her friend caught up with her + told what a fool she'd just made of herself...

lou xxx
Reply 21
rahaydenuk
He was supposed to come on and talk about it etc., but as I said, they ran out of time.

did he still get a badge?

lou xxx
bradders
Okey dokes -I'll start off:
Well, there's my contribution...

Does George Bush's brother count as a celebrity? He was in our school the other day...(dont ask me why he was there though!)
Reply 23
I saw the hunchback of Newcastle...Peter Beardsley a couple of years ago :biggrin:
Reply 24
I tripped Shauna Lowry of Animal hospital up once...

Oh, and I've met Kriss Akabusi.

Wow, all the big stars. :cool:
Reply 25
jediknight007
I have met the footballer Muzzy Izzet when I was collecting my NRA folder and commentator Trevor Brooking when I was collecting my GCSE certificates. This was all in Year 11 back in secondary school.

That's not fair, I never got to meet anyone famous when I collected my GCSE certificates. I met one of the nickelodeon presenters at a roadshow once. That was a time when the had out this kids nick lotto kind of thing, where the prize was a trolley dash in toys R us. Me and my brother were pretty much into that, but didn't win anything.
Reply 26
OK i've had a fair few....

Sammo Hong
Jimmy Adams
Mark Richardson
Mark Waugh
Matthew Perry (Chandler from friends)
Jason Gardener (world indoor 60m record holder, and also 100m sprinter)
Kim Clijsters
Martina Navratilova
Andy Roddick
Iain Duncan Smith
Prince Charles
Reply 27
Tim Vincent
Katy Hill
Stuart Miles
Blue
Damage
Billie
Steven Gately
Robbie Williams
Handy Andy
Linda Barker
Ross (from ready steady cook)
Jeremy (from fame academy)
Dom (from Top Gear)
Anne Robinson
Reply 28
I've also held the door open to Prince Charles during a school visit in 1999. I have also sat 1 metre away from Sir Cliff Richard.
Reply 29
oh and Shane Richie lol
Why my very own sister was in a few television programs a few years ago like Brookside and the Ward.

I have also met lots of racing drivers if they count.
amazingtrade
I've also held the door open to Prince Charles during a school visit in 1999. I have also sat 1 metre away from Sir Cliff Richard.

Wow, that's your claim to fame eh.

We had a few shitty pop groups come to our primary school on "School Tours", and only 2 ever got anywhere ("Lolly" and "Next of Kin" and they didn't get very far at all). And I remember them coming round signing autographs and answering questions thinking they were going to be megastars.

I don't get celebrities at all. Define "celebrity" first, and then explain why I should be happy if I meet one.
I was blanked by that bald tw*t William Hague at the photocopier in work once. Pri*k

Is there any point in putting the *s there I wonder?
Reply 33
thefish_uk
Wow, that's your claim to fame eh.

We had a few shitty pop groups come to our primary school on "School Tours", and only 2 ever got anywhere ("Lolly" and "Next of Kin" and they didn't get very far at all). And I remember them coming round signing autographs and answering questions thinking they were going to be megastars.

I don't get celebrities at all. Define "celebrity" first, and then explain why I should be happy if I meet one.

Lol my real claim to fame is that badly drawn boy goes to my local and so the Bee Gee's went to my old primary school which is 100 yards from my house. I was so annoyed when they vistited a couple of years ago and I didn't know, I have always wanted to meet the Bee Gee's but its too late now :frown: . I have hared of lolly, wasn't she that kid that a song about a radio (viva viva la radio?).

I also knew Rob Gretton although he isn't famous, some of you may know he was though. I think if you live in a big city you are much more likely to meet famous people especialy when the area you live in is trendy like mind.
Reply 34
amazingtrade
...especialy when the area you live in is trendy like mind .

your mind is trendy?

wow!
:smile:
Reply 35
Dickie
your mind is trendy?

wow!
:smile:

Lol I meant to say mine. I am listening to Joy Division it can't be helped. :biggrin:
Juan Gonzalez
Jeff Bagwell
Jason Garret
John Schlitt
Reply 37
just remembered two others, Mark Owen (ewww lol I drunkenly told him that he is SHIT as a solo artist), and Joe Budden :wink:
Reply 38
I've met Kurt Nilsen.
amazingtrade
Lol my real claim to fame is that badly drawn boy goes to my local and so the Bee Gee's went to my old primary school which is 100 yards from my house. I was so annoyed when they vistited a couple of years ago and I didn't know, I have always wanted to meet the Bee Gee's but its too late now :frown: . I have hared of lolly, wasn't she that kid that a song about a radio (viva viva la radio?).

I also knew Rob Gretton although he isn't famous, some of you may know he was though. I think if you live in a big city you are much more likely to meet famous people especialy when the area you live in is trendy like mind.

Yes that's Lolly.

Wow, you should be famous.

Latest

Trending

Trending