Anyone applied for LANCASTER uni- plus anyone doing EngLang and Creative Writing?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
bamsbabe
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just wondering - i have applied there no response as yet ...anyone else had a response ??
darknessishope
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bamsbabe)
Just wondering - i have applied there no response as yet ...anyone else had a response ??
not yet, saying that I've had no responses
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had on offer for International Relations. I sent my form off in October, got an offer in November.
boxersarecool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i had an offer from them early dec to do geog.
They were slow to reply compared 2 my other uni;s tho.
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've got an offer from them for Psychology - ABB. I sent my UCAS form off the end of October and I got the offer a bit before christmas. Don't worry if you haven't heard though, some departments may take a lot longer than others
darknessishope
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I just got an offer today for psychology in the post, so you may be getting an offer pretty soon ^_^
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by darknessishope)
I just got an offer today for psychology in the post, so you may be getting an offer pretty soon ^_^
What is your offer darknessishope? And will it be your first do you think?
darknessishope
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
What is your offer darknessishope? And will it be your first do you think?
it was ABB and honestly I don't know, I'm really hoping to get into Manchester or maybe go to Bangor since I've heard such good things about the psychology department at Bangor. I'm just gonna wait to see what offers I get and then choose ^_^ what about you?
*Riz*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by darknessishope)
it was ABB and honestly I don't know, I'm really hoping to get into Manchester or maybe go to Bangor since I've heard such good things about the psychology department at Bangor. I'm just gonna wait to see what offers I get and then choose ^_^ what about you?
Yeah bangor seems to be really going for gold in Psychology this year. My friend who isn't even interested in taking it got a CD Rom about their course through the post!! A tutor that I spoke to at a Birmingham uni open day was telling me that they are taking a MASSIVE Psychology intake this year and yes Bangor does have a really good repuation. Also, because if it's location the offers are lower than they would be elsewhere for a department with such high quiality and research and such a good repuation!! Having said all that I didn't apply there though, just didn't really think that the location was for me. Have you visited Bangor uni? and if so did you like it? It;s meant to have amazing views and facilities for adventure sports, lots of walking socieites etc.

I think Warwick will be my first choice especially as the offer is lower than Lancaster's - BBB. Warwick has a better reputation overall but Lancaster is said to be better for Psychology so i dunno. I think my insurance will be Hull simply because it is my lowest offer - BBC - I'm starting to worry about what will happen if I don't get that as I doubt there will be many places for Psychology in clearing with it being such a popular subject......
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.71%
No (266)
33.29%

Watched Threads