Alevel RS and Philosophy differences?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
sightoplasm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I chose Alevel RS and its broken down into ethics and philosophy. However there is a seperate philosophy Alevel i think. So what is the difference and which is better to have in front of a university?
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sightoplasm)
I chose Alevel RS and its broken down into ethics and philosophy. However there is a seperate philosophy Alevel i think. So what is the difference and which is better to have in front of a university?
Philosophy is much better for universitys.

Philosophy consists of either Philosophy of Religion (nothing to do with religions, merely arguements for existence of God/implications of Gods existence/religious lanague etc) or Ethics (different ethical theorys, what they are, applicaiton of them, if they work, ethical language etc).

Then you do a set text on a range of different things from Satre Existentialism and Humanism to Descartes Mediations.

Then the final compularsy thing is the Theory of Knowledge, nature of reality. My school offered the RS previously and my teacher said (rightly or wrongly) that the RS/Ethics course was very easy and philosophy delved into those topics to a much deeper level.
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is Philosophy fun and interesting though?

And what the hell is your sig corey...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sightoplasm)
Philosophy is WAY better for university mate, way better.
pedy1986
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Is Philosophy fun and interesting though?

And what the hell is your sig corey...
yes of course philosophy is fun and interesting. You get debate and dicuss and read some of the greatest minds in history. Also you become a much more informed person on things!

Its from a play by Beckett Waiting for Godot, they are waiting for Godot to come and are looking for something to do, and think about hanging themselves etc...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (529)
66.71%
No (264)
33.29%

Watched Threads