Psychology Watch

This discussion is closed.
apeep85
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I really need some help on thinking up a project to do for my individual coursework!
Needs to be an experiment i can carry out, i would like something that comes under memory or attention!
Please help!!!!
meli
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
hii. im currently doing my psychology coursework on miscovicis minority influence....but if ure into cognitive psycho, then i think duration in short term memory is good for you, its very straight forward....i think the study was done by Peterson and Peterson..im not quite sure.

i hope that was helpful..reply if u need more help
bye
Meli
HelenBrownsell
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I did the Stroop Effect for my experiment. Its pretty simple to conduct and you can change it slightly which gets you extra points. It where you have a list of words saying "blue, green, red" in black and they you have another list of words exactly the same but the word "blue" is in the colour red and the word "green" is in the colour blue etc etc. You time how long it takes participants to respond to each list. They have to say what the word says rather than the colour but they get confused on the second list and sometimes say the colour of the word rather than the word. Its very simple to do and the theory isnt that bad either. It is part of attention in my book. There is quite a lot of info over the internet on it as well. You can use shapes with words in or animals or number. There have even been ones done with sound. You just have to look round a bit.

Helen Brownsell
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (72)
17.65%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (259)
63.48%
Not yet but I am planning to (20)
4.9%
Not yet but I might (57)
13.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise