The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

I've sort of nearly finished it. .. at last.

No they don't expect us to read all of Bradley & Ewing. They sent us the quiz so we can get used to the book (instead of just reading it!).
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
how long did it take you. im thinking starting next friday... maybe if i can bohtered.
Ha I don't know!! I've done bits every day. And i'm not happy with all my answers...
Reply 4
Seriously guys; chill. I've blagged many a tute in my time thus far! Contrary to the literature they don't really force you to talk in tutes. Answer the easy questions at the beginning adn you'll be fine. There's 8 - 10 of you, and always someone who doesn't know when/how to shut up!
Amen.

There are 4 people on this board going to UCL to do Law with French law. :askpig: *

*i just wanted to use this smily. Afterall, I will never ever need to use it for its real purpose...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
So who's the other one? What day was your interview on.. not that I can remember just wonder if you were in my tour group.
If anyone wants to help me with the last question I'll be very grateful...

"9. Describe the approach that each judge has to the precedents before the court. What are the pros and cons for each type of “handling” of case law?"
Onearmedbandit
If anyone wants to help me with the last question I'll be very grateful...

"9. Describe the approach that each judge has to the precedents before the court. What are the pros and cons for each type of “handling” of case law?"

I haven't answered that question yet and I haven't got the work sheets with me but based on my understanding of judicial precedent I would say that it has to do with whether the judges in question "accept" or "reject" the decisions made by previous judges in factually similar cases and of course what the pros and cons are of taking such an approach.
hey onearmedbandit so what's your opinion on my suggested anwer? Rubbish? (hope not)
Justice (OCD85)
I haven't answered that question yet and I haven't got the work sheets with me but based on my understanding of judicial precedent I would say that it has to do with whether the judges in question "accept" or "reject" the decisions made by previous judges in factually similar cases and of course what the pros and cons are of taking such an approach.

I'm not sure... it's not rubbish. It's better than anything I've come up with.
Reply 11
Oh! did u guys all go over for an interview? Was it only me who got the freaky phone interview?
I never got an interview :|!
Onearmedbandit
I never got an interview :|!

Really? How come? Did you get really high GCSE and AS grades or LNAT score then?
Reply 14
marieclaire
Oh! did u guys all go over for an interview? Was it only me who got the freaky phone interview?

you got a freaky phone interview? how odd.
Reply 15
lol...it was quite freaky. they just picked a random day and time to phone me and interrogate me...in french. was i the only one?
there were quite a few of us at interview! lol mine was in french but at least was face to face, must've been pretty scary down the phone!

so did you have really good grades? I thought mine were pretty good but must've been bit unsure still! :eek:
Justice (OCD85)
Really? How come? Did you get really high GCSE and AS grades or LNAT score then?

Not at all... 2A*s, 2As, 5Bs & 2Cs.. and I had 3 A-levels in law, history & music tech. LNAT was a bit above average but nothing special :confused:
All law with French law applicants were interviewed. I know I was.

the other LnFL UCL student to be on this board is -------. I met him at interview (I think it was a wednesday, and I think it was around the time of my birthday - March 16th, although I may be confusing that with a KCL event..).

My grades throughout were good - if nothing spectacular for a top-uni-law-applicant - but my final A level results were mediocre. I know exactly why though.

*rambles off into the darkness*
(edited 4 years ago)
My grades throughout were good - if nothing spectacular for a top-uni-law-applicant

Let's see your grades then.

- but my final A level results were mediocre.

Let's see that too.

Latest

Trending

Trending