This discussion is closed.
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Does anyone know if the proposals for the up to £3,000 fees apply to existing students?

Some things I have read seem to imply that students already on a course by 2005 would continue to pay the existing level.

Though a quick browse of the web hasn't found anything to confirm this.
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
Does anyone know if the proposals for the up to £3,000 fees apply to existing students?

Some things I have read seem to imply that students already on a course by 2005 would continue to pay the existing level.

Though a quick browse of the web hasn't found anything to confirm this.
Yep, if you enter uni in 2005, you won't have to pay any top up fees.
Soulfish
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Current students are excluded from the top-up fee proposals. Its only for new students starting in 2005? Or is it 2006?
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Soulfish)
Current students are excluded from the top-up fee proposals. Its only for new students starting in 2005? Or is it 2006?
2006. The year I start.
Pollo Loco
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Thst sounds good, I'm due to start this year, Vet Sciences at Cam and its a 6 year course so the extra fees would have been a burden.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pollo Loco)
Thst sounds good, I'm due to start this year, Vet Sciences at Cam and its a 6 year course so the extra fees would have been a burden.
Trying telling the idiotic Blair that. Oh wait half the country has but he hasn't listened.
George-W-Duck
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Blair doesn't listen, he's moreinterested in getting his name firmly in the history books than creating policies that benefit all the people he expects to vote for him.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by George-W-Duck)
Blair doesn't listen, he's moreinterested in getting his name firmly in the history books than creating policies that benefit all the people he expects to vote for him.
Yeah the I've read a bit more about the new plans this morning and the more I read the more I am becoming against these new plans. I am not against icnreasing costs as such as somebody need to pay for them but I don't agree with this get all the working class into higher education because its not degree level they are talking about its any HE level and a lot of them will come out with poor qualifications which are meaningless.

I see just stop medeling if the working class want to go uni let them but don't force them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (14)
60.87%
Don't know (2)
8.7%

Watched Threads