Rainbow-Swirl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey People,
Sorry if this is in the wrong place...I was just wondering if any people at Chi already know when I can expect my timetable? I'm guessing it will be once I'm already there since I have to select modules etc (Studying English & Creative Writing & Media Studies by the way..) but I was hoping it would be before then so I could sort out finding a part-time job while I'm there etc.
Is there such a thing as a provisional timetable that we might get with the compulsory modules and stuff on it? Or will I just have to wait until I get there?
apotoftea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow-Swirl)
Hey People,
Sorry if this is in the wrong place...I was just wondering if any people at Chi already know when I can expect my timetable? I'm guessing it will be once I'm already there since I have to select modules etc (Studying English & Creative Writing & Media Studies by the way..) but I was hoping it would be before then so I could sort out finding a part-time job while I'm there etc.
Is there such a thing as a provisional timetable that we might get with the compulsory modules and stuff on it? Or will I just have to wait until I get there?
You'll get it in the first week if memory serves me right. You'll have to merge your own timetable from two separate inductions if you're doing a joint honours type course. They were really good at telling joint subject students what was compulsory and what wasn't so don't worry too much.
spiritofsussex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow-Swirl)
Hey People,
Hi - I'm about to start my third year doing English at Chi. The provisional timetable has been released on the student intranet, so I'd be happy to post the details for you - do you know which modules you'll be doing? If you do then let me know and I'll get those specific ones; if you don't then I'll post all the 1st Year English &CW and Media modules for you
Rainbow-Swirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by spiritofsussex)
Hi - I'm about to start my third year doing English at Chi. The provisional timetable has been released on the student intranet, so I'd be happy to post the details for you - do you know which modules you'll be doing? If you do then let me know and I'll get those specific ones; if you don't then I'll post all the 1st Year English &CW and Media modules for you
That would be great! I don't have a clue what modules I'm doing yet but if you could get all the modules that would be awesome thank you so much!
spiritofsussex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ENGLISH & CREATIVE WRITING - LEVEL ONE; SEMESTER ONE 2010/11
ENL100 Language: Form & Function - Friday 10am-12pm
ENL102 Victorian Literature - Friday 1pm-3pm
ENL103 Strategies for Reading - Wednesday 12pm-2pm
ENL113 Activating the Imagination: Poetry - Tuesday 9am-12pm

MEDIA STUDIES - LEVEL ONE; SEMESTER ONE 2010/11
MPR100 The Foundation of Story - Tuesday 1pm-3pm
MSL105 Identity & Difference - Wednesday 9am-11am
MSL107 Studying Media & Culture - Thursday 11am-1pm
MSL138 Television Genre - Friday 3pm-5pm

The module in bold are the compulsory modules if you're doing English & Creative Writing/Media Studies Joint. The others are the optional modules.

Any questions just ask
Rainbow-Swirl
Rep:
?
You are an absolute star! Thank you so much
thegreatnick
Report 9 years ago
I don't suppose you are able to post the timetable for Media Production & Media Studies could you if it's there?
spiritofsussex
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by thegreatnick)
I don't suppose you are able to post the timetable for Media Production & Media Studies could you if it's there?
I've had a look on the student intranet and the Media Studies/Media Production modules seem to be a bit mismatched, so I assume the timetable hasn't been finalised yet - the modules that appear at the moment are:

MEDIA PRODUCTION & MEDIA STUDIES - LEVEL ONE; SEMESTER ONE 2010/11 (**PROVISIONAL**)
MPR100 The Foundation of Story - Tuesday 1pm-3pm
MPR110 Video Production: Process - Monday 10am-12pm
MSL107 Studying Media & Culture - Thursday 11am-1pm

Most students do four modules per semester, so there would appear to be one missing, although it's possible you might do three in Semester One and five in Semester Two - I'm not too sure how Production and Studies works.

This is all the info that's up at the moment - I'm personally a bit sceptical if it is the final, so don't take this as definite - there could well be changes before the start of semester.
Emi89
Report 8 years ago
hiya,
just wondered if anyone can help out with figuring out what the first year fine art timetable is at chichester?

thanks!:o:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
    Thu, 31 Oct '19
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (23)
6.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (207)
57.82%
No (128)
35.75%

Watched Threads