Cheapest place to buy stationery(of reasonable quality)?

Watch this thread
TheSophist
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
rymans? Staples? Euroffice? office direct?
Aw16
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 years ago
Tesco for sure!
xRoseberryx
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
sub. Amazon?
tigermoth99
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Asda, Tesco
Curly A
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
asda or pound shop
presh5
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Wilkinsons!!! obvo!
Lilrascal19
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Asda
coolestwithoutthet
Report 11 years ago
WH Smiths at the momment. They have a huge sale on and you can also get this card that gives you a discount, plus you can re-use it! I think it applies from the 16th...
residentmaths101
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
buy? all you need to do is go to the first lecture, wait until everyone leaves, then go on a treasure hunt. you'll find what you need.
F.I
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by presh5)
Wilkinsons!!! obvo!
:rofl: this, but they dont last long :lol: i buy my stationery from euroffice.co.uk, its only cheap if you buy loads of things
TheSophist
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by residentmaths101)
buy? all you need to do is go to the first lecture, wait until everyone leaves, then go on a treasure hunt. you'll find what you need.
:naughty: are you serious? what did ya get :creep: :yeah: :hmmm:
SilverDoe21
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
The Works is quite good; I'd avoid places like WH Smith because they tend to be expensive. I like Staples though
rach [shikari]
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I only need a pen and pad of paper, it then came down to bringing neither of these to lectures.
lazy smurf
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Asda, Home bargain, B&M bargains.
RedRevolver
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Proper stationers, I'd say Ryman's due to the fact it's always cheap and has deals on, with the added courtesy of student identification = 12.5% off! Their deals on printers are fantastic btw.

I wouldn't get anything from a pound shop or even a supermarket, as the cheaper stuff tends to be of awful quality. That's not me being a snob, but if the ink in a pen won't flow properly, then what's the point in having it?
residentmaths101
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by TheSophist)
:naughty: are you serious? what did ya get :creep: :yeah: :hmmm:
pens, pencils, a ruler, sharpener. greatest find was a stapler (essential).
aphilpotts
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Rymans, probably the cheapest place to buy stationary that you can actually use :p:

Actually Asda's stuff is sometimes surprisingly good, but its a bit hit and miss tbh
Spinnerette
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I get these amazing black pens they sell everywhere called Zebra Z-Grip and their good quality. You can find 'em in Tesc'os along with loads of other cheap good quality stationary. Asda and Wilkinson's is good.
SHABANA
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Asda can be pretty good as once they had the big pukka pads for £1.50 and at the moment they have them Oxford Optik paper refill pads for £1. Rymans is pretty good too for paper. Wilkinsons is pretty cheap but they don't have a lot.
For pens Amazon is the cheapest. For example, in shops like Rymans, WHSmith etc them Pilot V5 pens are around £2.99 each but I got a box of 12 from Amazon for £13.00.
It depends what you're after really. I have used office direct once as I wanted some casebound notebooks and they were the cheapest there even with the £6.00 delivery. Once they arrived though I realised the paper wasn't that good can literally only use biros in it - it said 70gsm so I assumed it would be as good as Ryman's refill pads but they are way better.
presh5
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by F.I)
:rofl: this, but they dont last long :lol: i buy my stationery from euroffice.co.uk, its only cheap if you buy loads of things
haha and the tipex is like grey paint and far from covering up the mistakes its see through haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (48)
67.61%
No (18)
25.35%
I didn't use it to prepare (5)
7.04%

Watched Threads