The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Law/Medicine.... Which is regarded as a better profession?

Scroll to see replies

marijuanahero
I think the more the OP writes, the more ridiculous he and his arguments become... You're getting found out, bro. Stop talking.

Your getting found out bro!
WTF? "Yeah safe safe init"

Talking? erm its writing... but anyway!
Frankster1992
Your getting found out bro!
WTF? "Yeah safe safe init"

Talking? erm its writing... but anyway!

I think you desperately need to learn how to use apostrophes, and to spell generally. Your grammar is appalling also. You have absolutely no hope of ever getting a place at an M.C firm if you have an inability to communicate effectively in the written medium.

And yeah, you are getting found out, bro. More and more people are commenting on how ridiculously retarded your thread is. "Which profession has more authority over the other?" What planet are you on?
What is the difference between a layer and a sperm?

One of them has the chance of becoming a human being

:awesome:
marijuanahero
I think you desperately need to learn how to use apostrophes, and to spell generally. Your grammar is appalling also. You have absolutely no hope of ever getting a place at an M.C firm if you have an inability to communicate effectively in the written medium.

And yeah, you are getting found out, bro. More and more people are commenting on how ridiculously retarded your thread is. "Which profession has more authority over the other?" What planet are you on?

You comment on my lack of apostrophies yet you continue to use the slang "Bro" as if it represents a fake friendship between you and i, this is a forum for god sake and my best writing skills are surely not going to be put into place? it may seem retarded to you and two other people who have viewed the thread, but alot more people actually replied and likened to the debate, it was just an idea.. something to discuss/express opinions upon.. your clearly an idiot and i dont care if you worked for a magic circle firm, i will work for one and would never for a second listen to your disencouragment, you probably have a personality like a dry grape, this is why you find pleasure in this nonsence :eek3:
Reply 64
MarinaM

But on the whole, Law is better for the mega dollarz, whereas Medicine is better for the warm, fuzzy feeling inside that you've saved a life. :awesome:

Yes, not all lawyers are bad and they play an important role in society - but your qoute just illustrates why lawyers are regarded somewhat negatively and medicine therefore as a better profession (from a public viewpoint).
Frankster1992
You comment on my lack of apostrophies yet you continue to use the slang "Bro" as if it represents a fake friendship between you and i, this is a forum for god sake and my best writing skills are surely not going to be put into place? it may seem retarded to you and two other people who have viewed the thread, but alot more people actually replied and likened to the debate, it was just an idea.. something to discuss/express opinions upon.. your clearly an idiot and i dont care if you worked for a magic circle firm, i will work for one and would never for a second listen to your disencouragment, you probably have a personality like a dry grape, this is why you find pleasure in this nonsence :eek3:

Hey, bro, the sarcastic use of the diminutive of brother denotes my contempt for you. I am patronising you. Do you get it? Or do you want me to draw you a little picture, bro?

You spell 'apostrophe' like this. Not like this
Frankster1992
apostrophies

You must write 'for God's sake'. Not
Frankster1992
for god sake
You must capitalise the 'G' and, as it is His sake you seem concerned about, you must use a possessive apostrophe after His name.

A lot is two separate words. Not
Frankster1992
alot

Frankster1992
likened to the debate
You can not 'liken' to a debate. That makes no sense. This is just poor use of English as you do not have the vocabulary to efficiently express what you wish to communicate.

Frankster1992
your clearly an idiot and i dont care
No.'you're clearly an idiot and I don't care' is the correct way to write this. See how important those apostrophes are?

Frankster1992
disencouragment
is not a word. You probably mean discouragement. Which is an entirely different thing altogether, what with it actually making sense, and all.

Frankster1992
nonsence
is spelled 'Nonsense'.

I stand by my original assessment. You are a chump. And if you think M.C forms employ illiterate people who invent words to suit them because they do not know sufficient real words, you're also a deluded chump.

Best of luck, 'bro'.
marijuanahero
Hey, bro, the sarcastic use of the diminutive of brother denotes my contempt for you. I am patronising you. Do you get it? Or do you want me to draw you a little picture, bro?

You spell 'apostrophe' like this. Not like this

You must write 'for God's sake'. Not You must capitalise the 'G' and, as it is His sake you seem concerned about, you must use a possessive apostrophe after His name.

A lot is two separate words. Not

You can not 'liken' to a debate. That makes no sense. This is just poor use of English as you do not have the vocabulary to efficiently express what you wish to communicate.

No.'you're clearly an idiot and I don't care' is the correct way to write this. See how important those apostrophes are?

is not a word. You probably mean discouragement. Which is an entirely different thing altogether, what with it actually making sense, and all.

is spelled 'Nonsense'.

I stand by my original assessment. You are a chump. And if you think M.C forms employ illiterate people who invent words to suit them because they do not know sufficient real words, you're also a deluded chump.

Best of luck, 'bro'.

As i stated, this is a forum and my best writing skills are not going to be present, i write as informal as i want, not how you want... so get the message "Bro" this is a forum "Bro" i wont be writing very formal "Bro", so get the message "Bro".. init though "Bro" you understand me though "Bro"? :yep:
Reply 67
Law - has more scope to ascend through the echelons of society. A lot of people who are 'high up' were/are lawyers.
Frankster1992
As i stated, this is a forum and my best writing skills are not going to be present, i write as informal as i want, not how you want... so get the message "Bro" this is a forum "Bro" i wont be writing very formal "Bro", so get the message "Bro".. init though "Bro" you understand me though "Bro"? :yep:

You don't have any writing skills. You're semi-literate at best, bro.
Law :smile: We fight for human rights. This may include kilings
The killers are usually the doctors..
Law :smile:
marijuanahero
You don't have any writing skills. You're semi-literate at best, bro.

Semi-literate on a forum will do me fine :wink:
This is a forum, would you whine if i used 2 instead of "to" or "too" for that matter?
Doctors are more important to the individual; ie save their life.

Lawyers are more important to society as a whole; enforcing justice- in turn creating a place where people would want to live.

Edit: but as an Indian it is in my blood to say doctor
Law. A small (v. small) undemocratic society could survive without them, to be fair... but you'll need them eventually. Bwahahaha!
medicine.

but i'm pretty sure the "masses" don't cry themselves to sleep at night wondering whether they should hold doctors or lawyers in high esteem. and influence really shouldn't have anything to do with it, i've probably been influenced more by the bus driver than anything else.
Frankster1992
Hey, just wanted your opinions on what profession (Law or Medicine) is regarded as better or having more authority over the other?
Whilst studying Law at A2, i found that they compete all the time without knowing, through statute, common law etc.

Most people have told me Medicine? Come on you Law reps, fightback!

both are very important professionals and equally respected (ps: of you are good)

but medicine just wins the race when making money.so i believe this the reason.
but not much of difference.
Doctors try to help people, but given the limitations of medicine and the frailty of the human body, there are many times when they're unfortunately not able to do so. In fact, sometimes the actions of a doctor may even make things worse, because medicine is an imperfect science involving a lot of judgment, and occasionally a treatment that is intended to do good can actually do harm

...so that's where lawyers come in useful, with their "no win, no fee" lawsuits.

So between the two professions, there's something for everyone!
Does it matter which is "better"? I respect both and they're not really comparable; they're both completely different professions :s-smilie:
Reply 78
Theconomist
Both have lots of new people taking it each year so it's less and less prestigious as time passes.

this, unfortunately :/
Reply 79
I think that judges are more essential in a society than medics. But medics are more essential than lawyers.

Latest

Trending

Trending