The Student Room Group

Which unis would suit my requirements?

Please help me choose a good Uni for a postgrad degree in economics...since I am an international student with pretty good results that make me eligible to apply even to the top unis in the UK, I'd like to go to one of them of course.Also,I come from a warm and sunny country and because most places in the UK are not so,I would still like to know if there are any moderately warm and sunny cities that also house unis that are good in general and have a good reputation for economics in particular.

Thanks in advance for all your help.:smile:
Reply 1
LSE, London.
Reply 2
The UK climate is pretty much the same throughout. The west coast is the warmest, but the wettest. So if you don't mind lots of rainfall, then maybe Bristol would work for you. The east is slightly drier, but a tiny bit colder. I guess south-east is the best compromise, so London unis like LSE, UCL, Kings, City Uni London etc. Avoid Scottish unis.

But honestly, whatever you pick the difference isn't exactly large.
Reply 3
Hi...I'm an international student applying for a place for MSc Economics 2011-12.I've got pretty good results so obviously wish to apply to good unis.How good is SOAS and Sheffield for MSc Economics and if I had to choose between the two which should I?And should I go to Warwick or Nottingham if I get into either or them?Which one is better between the two?I come from a warm and sunny country so the climate matters as much as the uni's reputation.

Thanks.
Reply 4
You'd want to be in the southern parts of the UK then ...
Reply 5
Warwick. In regards to climate you do realise all of the above are in the UK!
Reply 6
meg213
Please help me choose a good Uni for a postgrad degree in economics...since I am an international student with pretty good results that make me eligible to apply even to the top unis in the UK, I'd like to go to one of them of course.Also,I come from a warm and sunny country and because most places in the UK are not so,I would still like to know if there are any moderately warm and sunny cities that also house unis that are good in general and have a good reputation for economics in particular.

Thanks in advance for all your help.:smile:

What are your results and subjects?
Where have you studied?
meg213
I come from a warm and sunny country so the climate matters as much as the uni's reputation.

Thanks.

Apply to US universities. There is very little difference in climate from one part of the UK to another.
Reply 8
MagicNMedicine
Apply to US universities. There is very little difference in climate from one part of the UK to another.

Plus we have seasons so it's gonna be freaking cold and rainy for a considerable amount of time wherever.
Reply 9
its cold at all of those.

and i would go warwick. but i think if you plan on doing something specific then SOAS may be great.
Lse
Reply 11
meg213
Hi...I'm an international student applying for a place for MSc Economics 2011-12.I've got pretty good results so obviously wish to apply to good unis.How good is SOAS and Sheffield for MSc Economics and if I had to choose between the two which should I?And should I go to Warwick or Nottingham if I get into either or them?Which one is better between the two?I come from a warm and sunny country so the climate matters as much as the uni's reputation.

Thanks.

Climate wise, the Best British built unis in hot Locations are in Pakistan
Reply 12
You can't compare between SOAS and Sheffield due to the course contents. SOAS MSc Economics is more applied economics and concerns only with the three regions - the Middle East, Africa, or the Asia Pacific region I think.

If you want to go to a warm place I would suggest universities in Wales like Cardiff or Swansea. I was there for my GCSEs and A-Levels. They are much warmer than London.
Reply 13
meg213

Thanks.

Check out the sticky thread in this forum on msc economics.

Latest

Trending

Trending