Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I am not atheist.
    I believe in god, but only as a moral philosophy.
    Well, you did it and I'm laughing.

ReputationRep:
    I am not atheist.
    I believe in god, but only as a moral philosophy.
    commendable - are you at all spiritual? Or is it that u believe you must tread correctly or else be judged by a higher power

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Well, you did it and I'm laughing.
    Good. At least i amuse you if nothing else .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurdt Morello)
    commendable - are you at all spiritual? Or is it that u believe you must tread correctly or else be judged by a higher power
    I am sort of spiritual in some definitions of the word.
    But i believe that a complete lack of morals in society would cause chaos, so even if the morals that we, as a world population, are based on a fallacy, which i can neither prove or disprove, but i believe to be true, then these morals are still important, even if the reason behind them is not.

ReputationRep:
    It would be impossible to travel at the speed of light. If youthink about it, if you went onto a spaceship, the sheer mass of it will cause resistence, so the faster you travel the more resistence, therefore reaching the speed of light is an impossible feat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    It would be impossible to travel at the speed of light. If youthink about it, if you went onto a spaceship, the sheer mass of it will cause resistence, so the faster you travel the more resistence, therefore reaching the speed of light is an impossible feat.
    Then how does light travel at the speed of light?

ReputationRep:
    there is a fine line between asking a deeply philosophical question and asking one which is patently self-explanatory - but i dont know which side u r treading

ReputationRep:
    Photons are generally regarded as having zero mass, which allows their energy to be finite whilst travelling at the speed of light.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    there is a fine line between asking a deeply philosophical question and asking one which is patently self-explanatory - but i dont know which side u r treading
    Neither do i i'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    I am sort of spiritual in some definitions of the word.
    But i believe that a complete lack of morals in society would cause chaos, so even if the morals that we, as a world population, are based on a fallacy, which i can neither prove or disprove, but i believe to be true, then these morals are still important, even if the reason behind them is not.
    I totally agree with you - we live our lives constantly in line with perceptions of institutions and phenomenon whether they are true or not (just look at our govt!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alaric)
    Photons are generally regarded as having zero mass, which allows their energy to be finite whilst travelling at the speed of light.

Alaric.
    How can something exist if it has zero mass?

ReputationRep:
    Neither do i i'm afraid!
    Dont worry it often happens - one becomes disorientated at these clashes of intellectual egos and it is perfectly natural

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you - we live our lives constantly in line with perceptions of institutions and phenomenon whether they are true or not (just look at our govt!!!!)
    Exactly. And although we believe that we want truth, truth would invoke anarchy.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry it often happens - one becomes disorientated at these clashes of intellectual egos and it is perfectly natural
    intellectual egos?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. And although we believe that we want truth, truth would invoke anarchy.
    This could bring up a discussion about the meaning of the word truth hehe.

If the people ever realise about what's happening around them this planet will be a mess worse than now.

ReputationRep:
    You know anarchy is a model where no state exists and where everyone is truly free - however the negative ideas about it are based on the belief that fundamentally every man is 'bad' and would commit what we could describe as 'crimes' if there are not any laws in place which say it is wrong and that man will be punished for these crimes

ReputationRep:
    You know anarchy is a model where no state exists and where everyone is truly free - however the negative ideas about it are based on the belief that fundamentally every man is 'bad' and would commit what we could describe as 'crimes' if there are not any laws in place which say it is wrong and that man will be punished for these crimes
    Hey i didnt kill the conv did I?

ReputationRep:
    Hey i didnt kill the conv did I?
    No, I don't think so, I agree that everyone is bad by the way, it's the human nature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    No, I don't think so, I agree that everyone is bad by the way, it's the human nature.
    good call - by the way what do you guys do at the moment - i am on a gap year applying to study law at LSE, UCL, King's, Durham, SOAS (unconditional) and Essex (unconditional)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    i agree. it is impossible to travel at the speed of light without creating a infinate mass and you can't do that because that would create a black hole.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.