Which works best? Watch

This discussion is closed.
scanner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
........or maybe do they work at all?

Now we've finished the Oxford applications and the Cambridge pool has almost finished just wondered which works best.

Having been through Oxford process I had a feeling Cambridge pooling was better but I'm not so sure now - having read the assorted comments on here.

My conclusion is that there are plenty of people in the two unis trying hard to make creaking systems work. But both need change.
mark_pb
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Cambridge pool sounds a nightmare and inefficient. Can't say for Oxford 'cept sciences but the system for Chemistry works. Basically everyone gets looked at by more than their college and 10% of all places are held back as open offers eg you get a place but the college is determined when you have your results and it's clear where there are slots for you. Think most subjects do something a bit like this nowadays.
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by scanner)
........or maybe do they work at all?

Now we've finished the Oxford applications and the Cambridge pool has almost finished just wondered which works best.

Having been through Oxford process I had a feeling Cambridge pooling was better but I'm not so sure now - having read the assorted comments on here.

My conclusion is that there are plenty of people in the two unis trying hard to make creaking systems work. But both need change.
cambridge pool is a complete lottery.... that comes from people who have actually been involved in the system before.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads