The Student Room Group
I prefer hugging shorter girls, but if it's just a friendly hug, in all honestly, who gives a ****?
Reply 2
ToastyCoke
I prefer hugging shorter girls, but if it's just a friendly hug, in all honestly, who gives a ****?

why would you prefere it though you cant get the same 'warmth' can you? But yea I guess theres only me who gives a **** :p:
Reply 3
I don't think it would make any difference whatsoever.
Depends. is it a pick up/bear hug?
Reply 5
A lot of girls are 1ft shorter than me, I've never found it a problem really :beard:.

I guess if it was meant to be more of an 'intimate' hug than just a friendly one then it might be less so than with a girl closer to your height..
Anonymous
why would you prefere it though you cant get the same 'warmth' can you? But yea I guess theres only me who gives a **** :p:

Nearly all of my girlfriends have been "short" and I'm 6'1. (Speaking from a relationship-POV) It's better when they're short because you feel like you're wrapping them up with your body and protecting them, it's more comfortable because they're cuddling into your neck rather than your face - etc
I used to bear hug a girl friend of mine when we were at school. She was around 4'11" and it was lovely giving her a hug!
Reply 8
I'm 6'4 and I'm a hugging machine :P very literally. I prefer hugging people who are at least half a foot shorter than me, although when I dated a girl a foot shorter than me, kissing her was a problem :P
However, seeing as it's from a friendship PoV, 'tis superb
ToastyCoke
Nearly all of my girlfriends have been "short" and I'm 6'1. (Speaking from a relationship-POV) It's better when they're short because you feel like you're wrapping them up with your body and protecting them, it's more comfortable because they're cuddling into your neck rather than your face - etc

Don't you feel more like a parent cuddling a child though? Im trying to imagine myself as a 6ft guy hugging a girl a ft shorter its like her shoulders would be about level with my hips:confused:
Anonymous
Guys be honest when you answer this but would you find hugging a girl who was 1 foot shorter than you uncomfortable/weird/boring? Say if you were 6ft and she was 5ft. Would the fact that she was that much shorter than you ruin the hug (friendship hug btw) or would you still get the 'closeness' warm feeling you would get with hugging a taller girl?

and be honest no daft attempts at witty comments now.

Makes no odds whatsoever....
Anonymous
Don't you feel more like a parent cuddling a child though? Im trying to imagine myself as a 6ft guy hugging a girl a ft shorter its like her shoulders would be about level with my hips:confused:

Yawn. No. It's less than a foot, it's not like you're hugging a 30cm doll.
:dontknow: a hug is a hug. no big deal
My bf is 5'9 and im 5 flat.
He said he feels like he's protecting me everytime he hugs me, although he is really a protective person. :P
He finds it cute and manly on his side. :smile:
:cookie:
Ilora-Danon
I used to bear hug a girl friend of mine when we were at school. She was around 4'11" and it was lovely giving her a hug!

yeah, but you're not 5'11...
sil3nt_cha0s
yeah, but you're not 5'11...
Yes, but I was still taller than her. I have a guy friend who's a foot taller than me and hugging him has never been an issue - big bear hugs ftw!