Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
LBF
OP
Oh, wait. Just checked UCAS and been rejected from Bristol and Warwick. Brilliant, fu**ing brilliant.
Why is evry uni aiming to make applicants life as stressful as possible??? They should tell us all on the same day and not drag it out. FFS, ive got an exam 2moro!!!
One acceptance to Aberdeen and two bloody rejections!
IM NOT HAPPY!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
LBF
Oh, wait. Just checked UCAS and been rejected from Bristol and Warwick. Brilliant, fu**ing brilliant.
Why is evry uni aiming to make applicants life as stressful as possible??? They should tell us all on the same day and not drag it out. FFS, ive got an exam 2moro!!!
One acceptance to Aberdeen and two bloody rejections!
IM NOT HAPPY!

i'm sorry to hear that but they are all *very* competitive uni's, what are your predicted grades? gcses etc, most applicants will be lucky to get an offer from even one of those three

perhaps reapplying next year would be a good idea?
Reply 3
do gcse results matter that much? and what would a 'good' set of gcse results consist of?
Me2
do gcse results matter that much? and what would a 'good' set of gcse results consist of?

it seems they matter more and more, tales of people on here being rejected for not have A* in certain subjects, it seems silly because i know personally i made a lot more effort with my a-levels, similarly i know someone who got 11A*'s but only got BBB at a-level

good set would have been A*/A's a few years ago but it seems >6A*s is *good* now..
Reply 5
rah

good set would have been A*/A's a few years ago but it seems >6A*s is *good* now..

oh god no! i suppose i'll just have to try extra hard!!!
Reply 6
LBF
OP
Yeah, i agree to some extent. Cambridge bases the majority of their acceptances on the interview system.
Incidently i got 3 A's at AS
A*, 2 B's and the rest A's at GCSE
Ive also done some gr8 work experience and showed i was commited to Law.
Even so, the bastards havnt even bothered telling me either way!!!
This is really unfair, i have exams 2moro and next week and all this stress has meant i havnt revised as well as i could!
Its a shitty system!
Reply 7
LBF
Yeah, i agree to some extent. Cambridge bases the majority of their acceptances on the interview system.
Incidently i got 3 A's at AS
A*, 2 B's and the rest A's at GCSE
Ive also done some gr8 work experience and showed i was commited to Law.
Even so, the bastards havnt even bothered telling me either way!!!
This is really unfair, i have exams 2moro and next week and all this stress has meant i havnt revised as well as i could!
Its a shitty system!

Don't worry about it...at least you've still got a chance of getting in...

You said you've applied to Cam, Durham, Notts, Bristol + Warwick...where else??

G
Reply 8
gzftan

You said you've applied to Cam, Durham, Notts, Bristol + Warwick...where else??

Aberdeen
Reply 9
.NK
Aberdeen

Cool....i've applied to Cam, UCL, KCL, Notts, Bristol and Leicester...i've only heard from leicester and cam so far!! And the wait goes on!!

G
seems like the applicants for law all tend to apply to the same places!!! strange isnt it?!?!?! I applied to Durham, Nottingham, Bristol AND Cambridge (and Warwick n Exeter)... offers from Durham, Bristol n Exeter - rejection from camb!!! seems like nottingham is making us sweat it out...
Reply 11
stressed_:x
seems like the applicants for law all tend to apply to the same places!!! strange isnt it?!?!?! I applied to Durham, Nottingham, Bristol AND Cambridge (and Warwick n Exeter)... offers from Durham, Bristol n Exeter - rejection from camb!!! seems like nottingham is making us sweat it out...

You got that right...where's your first choice...and when did you hear from bristol?? what offer??

G
gzftan
You got that right...where's your first choice...and when did you hear from bristol?? what offer??

G

heard from bristol pretty early - 27 october to be exact! (lol says on my ucas website). I do International Baccalaureate , not A levels, so my offer was 34 points - which is like BBB... i'm predicted like 39 so shud be ok :tongue: where u off to?? sorry, losin track of the threads!

edit: sorry! u got replies from cam and leicester... my first choice is prob bristol - loved the place and the course. but worryin abt whether notts is better... aaah!!!
Reply 13
stressed_:x
heard from bristol pretty early - 27 october to be exact! (lol says on my ucas website). I do International Baccalaureate , not A levels, so my offer was 34 points - which is like BBB... i'm predicted like 39 so shud be ok :tongue: where u off to?? sorry, losin track of the threads!

edit: sorry! u got replies from cam and leicester... my first choice is prob bristol - loved the place and the course. but worryin abt whether notts is better... aaah!!!

Oh...ur an international candidate...i've also got offers now from UCL and KCL (both in last coupla days)...

i'm not too sure whther bristol or notts is better....but from what i've heard...both are brilliant places to study law.

G
well done for getting pooled for Queens', I got rejected from them for law. I just got accepted from nottingham though so I'm really happy coz thats where I want to go. :biggrin:
Reply 15
KrazyAngel1
well done for getting pooled for Queens', I got rejected from them for law. I just got accepted from nottingham though so I'm really happy coz thats where I want to go. :biggrin:

ditto :smile:
LBF! Have you heard from Queens yet? Good luck :cool:
Reply 17
LBF
OP
Yep
Ive heard
A big fat rejection

Now ive been rejected from, w8 4 it (deep breathe)

Cambridge, Nottingham, Bristol, Warwick

Im yet to hear from Durham
And ive been accepted to Aber(bloody)deen

My life os soooooooooooo gr8
Reply 18
LBF
Yep
Ive heard
A big fat rejection

Now ive been rejected from, w8 4 it (deep breathe)

Cambridge, Nottingham, Bristol, Warwick

Im yet to hear from Durham
And ive been accepted to Aber(bloody)deen

My life os soooooooooooo gr8

That's terrible!! I'm sorry....when did you hear from nottingham??

G
Reply 19
LBF
OP
Same day as Cambridge
16th

U heard from Durham yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending