This discussion is closed.
AdamAbdelAziz
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi everyone,

just had my pool interviews on friday and although its only monday i'm desperate to find out how i got on (acceptance or rejection), has anyone an idea of the timescale or has anyone heard from their pool interivews, in particular Girton and Robinson?

cheers

adam
chocorange
Report 16 years ago
I also had an interview with robinson on friday (compsci with Dr dawar and some other chap). The previous day I was at selwyn also.

Selwyn told me to expect a decision early this week.

What are you applying for?
I don't think robinson is to my tastes. I much prefer the central, more traditional colleges. What did you think of robinson?
AdamAbdelAziz
(Original post by chocorange)
I also had an interview with robinson on friday (compsci with Dr dawar and some other chap). The previous day I was at selwyn also.

I don't think robinson is to my tastes. I much prefer the central, more traditional colleges. What did you think of robinson?
yeah, Robinson was ok but i agree with you that there are much nicer colleges. however, at this point in time i dont really care where i go now, as long as i get in. all this waiting is doing my head in, i'm tempted just to phone and ask. its gettin in the way of studying for exams. its such a long process!!!!
LBF
Report 16 years ago
I totally agree. The stress has meant i havnt been able to study to my full potential!
I applied to Queens for law, got pooled didnt get reinterviewed but have heard nothing yet!!!
Come on Cambridge!!!!
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

how come you had interviews for two different colleges? i only had an interview at one college and they said they were deciding this week and i should hear from them or my original college within two weeks. and so the wait goes on...
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)
how come you had interviews for two different colleges? i only had an interview at one college and they said they were deciding this week and i should hear from them or my original college within two weeks. and so the wait goes on...
i got an offer todayafter my interview on sat!
chocorange
Report 16 years ago
Two colleges wanted me. I also filled in a preference form so that in the event they both accepted me, I would get an offer from my prefered choice. Selwyn seemed not to be interviewing many compsci applicants at all. Robinson had loads (perhaps a testament to its unpopularity??), around 8 I think. I would accept an offer from Selwyn. But an offer from robinson ... then I'd have to have a careful ponder because Imperial is great (with the added advantage that i get a flat to myself off oxford st).
AdamAbdelAziz
(Original post by fred86)
i got an offer todayafter my interview on sat!
Where did the offer come from (college) and did the phone or by letter?
chocorange
Report 16 years ago
Adam ... which subject are you applying for?
AdamAbdelAziz
Adam ... which subject are you applying for?
law. why?
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by AdamAbdelAziz)
Where did the offer come from (college) and did the phone or by letter?
newnham and by telephone
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
newnham and by telephone
congrats! what subject
Goat
Report 16 years ago
Two colleges wanted me. I also filled in a preference form so that in the event they both accepted me, I would get an offer from my prefered choice. Selwyn seemed not to be interviewing many compsci applicants at all. Robinson had loads (perhaps a testament to its unpopularity??), around 8 I think. I would accept an offer from Selwyn. But an offer from robinson ... then I'd have to have a careful ponder because Imperial is great (with the added advantage that i get a flat to myself off oxford st).
There was definately 8. I was one of them!

I didn't see you though - I had a late interview and the only compsci there didnt have an interview at Selwyn.

What other unis did you apply to?
chocorange
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
There was definately 8. I was one of them!

I didn't see you though - I had a late interview and the only compsci there didnt have an interview at Selwyn.

What other unis did you apply to?
i was there at around 3:30pm, have applied and received offers from imperial, ucl, york, warwick (only applied to 5)
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
congrats! what subject
thanks engineering
Goat
Report 16 years ago
i was there at around 3:30pm, have applied and received offers from imperial, ucl, york, warwick (only applied to 5)
My interview was at 3pm so you must have been just after me!
lawladuk
Report 16 years ago
ne one heard nething yet from pool interviews?
bandeauballet
Report 16 years ago
newnham and by telephone
I've just got a place at Newnham too! Was it Ute who called you up? I was pooled from Peterhouse for NatSci and went to an interview at Newnham on Friday, and I got a call yesterday. What did you think of the place? It was better than I expected, some of the students I talked to did say 'you have to work for a social life' but most seemed to like it there. I was interviewed by a transvestite though (I'm not joking!) which was a bit of a shock.
chocorange
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
My interview was at 3pm so you must have been just after me!

Were you picked by just robinson, or another college too?
i still haven't heard, it is supposed to be early this week sometime. have you heard?
Goat
Report 16 years ago
Were you picked by just robinson, or another college too?
i still haven't heard, it is supposed to be early this week sometime. have you heard?
Just Robinson. Havent heard yet. Did you put Selwyn as your first choice?

You might have seen me come into the lounge room briefly after my interview!

I got on the wrong train to London on the way back and it took 1h30 instead of 45minutes!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
30.77%
No (15)
57.69%
Don't know (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads