This discussion is closed.
DonnaB041986
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by AdamAbdelAziz)
Hi everyone,

just had my pool interviews on friday and although its only monday i'm desperate to find out how i got on (acceptance or rejection), has anyone an idea of the timescale or has anyone heard from their pool interivews, in particular Girton and Robinson?

cheers

adam
I got pooled to girton (also new hall), havent heard anything from them yet. While i was at new hall the bloke said that they try to tell people who've got offers as soon and that you have a much better chance of getting a place from the pool interviews than from the december ones. he said that colleges rarely interview more than 3 applicants for every 2 places they have in the pool.

Donna
-x-
TK0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
girton 2005 here i come just got the call
AdamAbdelAziz
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by TK0)
girton 2005 here i come just got the call
Did you have a pool interview? if so when? how come 2005, deffered entry? what subject is it for?
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by AdamAbdelAziz)
Did you have a pool interview? if so when? how come 2005, deffered entry? what subject is it for?
was reinterviewed, deferred till 2005 for engineering.
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TK0)
was reinterviewed, deferred till 2005 for engineering.
lol did they give all us engineers super shite colleges or something?! u got girton + i got newnham
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fred86)
lol did they give all us engineers super shite colleges or something?! u got girton + i got newnham
i dunno i thought it was pretty *****y of them, if i was a girl a single sex college would piss me off no end. oh well least the teaching is mainly departmental, the fact i gotta walk down a hall to a shower not so important i suppose.
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Woohoo, I got deferred offer for 2005 from Sidney Sussex for NatSci! Just about sunk in by now! Got the phone call at about 6 this evening...I'll get the grades in the letter that's sposed to come on Friday.

Jo x
tomek J.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)
Woohoo, I got deferred offer for 2005 from Sidney Sussex for NatSci! Just about sunk in by now! Got the phone call at about 6 this evening...I'll get the grades in the letter that's sposed to come on Friday.

Jo x
congratulations!
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Jo x
yay well done that's fab - sidney sussex pretty decent too!! why you deferring?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Jo x
congrats
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey newnhams great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alaric
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
hey newnhams great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no it is, I keep being told newnham formal is great, or is that newhall? I can't remember, I'm not fussy, I'll go to both at some point

I'd feel uncomfortable going to a single sex college, but that's probably because I went to a single sex school. Quite frankly I've had enough of that.

Alaric.
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yay well done that's fab - sidney sussex pretty decent too!! why you deferring?

cos that's the offer they gave me! they liked me enough to give me an offer but not quite enough to give me it for this year! but i'm not turning it down, i'll just have to find something to do on a gap year...but i'm well chuffed it was sidney!

Jo x
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cos that's the offer they gave me! they liked me enough to give me an offer but not quite enough to give me it for this year! but i'm not turning it down, i'll just have to find something to do on a gap year...but i'm well chuffed it was sidney!

Jo x
Hey .. Just PM'ed you .. congratulations on your offer
fred86
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Jo x
that's kinda weird not heard of being given a gap yera kinda thing before but well done!
TK0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ok possibly the weirdest offer ever!

EITHER!

A Fmaths
A phys
A chem

OR!

B Fmaths
A phys
A chem
A maths

well im chuffed have a hope now
AdamAbdelAziz
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by TK0)

EITHER!

A Fmaths
A phys
A chem

OR!

B Fmaths
A phys
A chem
A maths

what subject and where for?

well done!!
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TK0)

EITHER!

A Fmaths
A phys
A chem

OR!

B Fmaths
A phys
A chem
A maths

Thats stupid cos if you get an A in Fmaths you are pretty certain to have an A in normal maths!
Kalypso
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TK0)

EITHER!

A Fmaths
A phys
A chem

OR!

B Fmaths
A phys
A chem
A maths

That's probably to stop you dropping a subject. Congrats! =)
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i got an offer todayafter my interview on sat!
which college?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (27)
8.16%
Confident (43)
12.99%
Indifferent (51)
15.41%
Unsure (81)
24.47%
Worried (129)
38.97%

Watched Threads