Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamAbdelAziz)
    Hi everyone,

just had my pool interviews on friday and although its only monday i'm desperate to find out how i got on (acceptance or rejection), has anyone an idea of the timescale or has anyone heard from their pool interivews, in particular Girton and Robinson?

cheers

adam
    I got pooled to girton (also new hall), havent heard anything from them yet. While i was at new hall the bloke said that they try to tell people who've got offers as soon and that you have a much better chance of getting a place from the pool interviews than from the december ones. he said that colleges rarely interview more than 3 applicants for every 2 places they have in the pool.

Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    girton 2005 here i come just got the call

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    girton 2005 here i come just got the call
    Did you have a pool interview? if so when? how come 2005, deffered entry? what subject is it for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamAbdelAziz)
    Did you have a pool interview? if so when? how come 2005, deffered entry? what subject is it for?
    was reinterviewed, deferred till 2005 for engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    was reinterviewed, deferred till 2005 for engineering.
    lol did they give all us engineers super shite colleges or something?! u got girton + i got newnham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred86)
    lol did they give all us engineers super shite colleges or something?! u got girton + i got newnham
    i dunno i thought it was pretty *****y of them, if i was a girl a single sex college would piss me off no end. oh well least the teaching is mainly departmental, the fact i gotta walk down a hall to a shower not so important i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Woohoo, I got deferred offer for 2005 from Sidney Sussex for NatSci! Just about sunk in by now! Got the phone call at about 6 this evening...I'll get the grades in the letter that's sposed to come on Friday.

Jo x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    Woohoo, I got deferred offer for 2005 from Sidney Sussex for NatSci! Just about sunk in by now! Got the phone call at about 6 this evening...I'll get the grades in the letter that's sposed to come on Friday.

Jo x
    congratulations!

ReputationRep:

Jo x
    yay well done that's fab - sidney sussex pretty decent too!! why you deferring?

ReputationRep:

Jo x
    congrats

ReputationRep:
    hey newnhams great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    hey newnhams great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    no it is, I keep being told newnham formal is great, or is that newhall? I can't remember, I'm not fussy, I'll go to both at some point

I'd feel uncomfortable going to a single sex college, but that's probably because I went to a single sex school. Quite frankly I've had enough of that.

Alaric.

ReputationRep:
    yay well done that's fab - sidney sussex pretty decent too!! why you deferring?

cos that's the offer they gave me! they liked me enough to give me an offer but not quite enough to give me it for this year! but i'm not turning it down, i'll just have to find something to do on a gap year...but i'm well chuffed it was sidney!

Jo x

ReputationRep:
    cos that's the offer they gave me! they liked me enough to give me an offer but not quite enough to give me it for this year! but i'm not turning it down, i'll just have to find something to do on a gap year...but i'm well chuffed it was sidney!

Jo x
    Hey .. Just PM'ed you .. congratulations on your offer

ReputationRep:

Jo x
    that's kinda weird not heard of being given a gap yera kinda thing before but well done!

ReputationRep:
    ok possibly the weirdest offer ever!

EITHER!

A Fmaths
    A phys
    A chem

OR!

B Fmaths
    A phys
    A chem
    A maths

well im chuffed have a hope now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)

EITHER!

A Fmaths
    A phys
    A chem

OR!

B Fmaths
    A phys
    A chem
    A maths

what subject and where for?

well done!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)

EITHER!

A Fmaths
    A phys
    A chem

OR!

B Fmaths
    A phys
    A chem
    A maths

Thats stupid cos if you get an A in Fmaths you are pretty certain to have an A in normal maths!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)

EITHER!

A Fmaths
    A phys
    A chem

OR!

B Fmaths
    A phys
    A chem
    A maths

That's probably to stop you dropping a subject. Congrats! =)

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer todayafter my interview on sat!
    which college?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.