Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TK0)
hehe oops in the excitement, it shoulda been

3 A's in Maths F maths Phys (not chem)

or the other one

engineering girton
me engineering newnham - hopefully see u soon!
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I got my letter with the grades on this morning...

AAA in Chem Bio Maths
E in French

I spose the E in French is so I don't drop it, tho with a coursework essay and a speaking script to write, it's quite tempting at times!

Jo x
fred86
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)

AAA in Chem Bio Maths
E in French

I spose the E in French is so I don't drop it, tho with a coursework essay and a speaking script to write, it's quite tempting at times!

Jo x
hehe lol i don't like french either, they didn't even state that on mine so i guess i could drop it, but no point now!
covered farm wagon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)

AAA in Chem Bio Maths
E in French

Jo x
if you got an a at as level, you might have enough marks for an e already. so you could do really badly in french this year and it'd still be ok
chocorange
Report 16 years ago
it's been a week now since my pool interviews at robinson and selwyn. I still haven't heard from them .... I suspect I would have heard earlier if I had been accepted (I was told they would make their decision early this week). I am expecting simply to receive a rejection letter later in the month.

Surely it's not usual to wait over a week from your re-interviews to hear from them?
DonnaB041986
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fred86)
that's kinda weird not heard of being given a gap yera kinda thing before but well done!
I got given a gap year too. i got an offer to do maths at girton in 2005 (AAB + step). they did ask me at the pool interview if i'd consider taking a gap year if it was a way to get into cambridge which i though was kinda weird, so i wasnt shocked when i got the letter.
congrats to people who got offers and comiserations to those that didnt

Donna
-x-
*Joanna*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by DonnaB041986)
I got given a gap year too. i got an offer to do maths at girton in 2005 (AAB + step). they did ask me at the pool interview if i'd consider taking a gap year if it was a way to get into cambridge which i though was kinda weird, so i wasnt shocked when i got the letter.

Donna
-x-

Cool well done! Might see you at some point, maybe...! I didn't get asked anything about a gap year, but i know someone who got pooled then offered deferred so i knew it could happen.

Jo x
*Joanna*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by covered farm wa)
if you got an a at as level, you might have enough marks for an e already. so you could do really badly in french this year and it'd still be ok
I think I've just got enough for an E already, but it would still be nice to get an A. That said, it means I can concentrate on my other subjects knowing it won't matter too much if I do slip a bit in French, which is definitely a good thing!

Jo x
musicman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Donna
-x-
Hey i have an offer to read music at Jesus College for 2005 entry, and at my interview (my initial interview- wasn't pooled), the director of studies said I may be asked to stay back a year because my birthday is in August so i'd only just be 18. I was just wondering if it was the same case for you or ne1 else who's been asked to defer!!
*Joanna*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicman)
Hey i have an offer to read music at Jesus College for 2005 entry, and at my interview (my initial interview- wasn't pooled), the director of studies said I may be asked to stay back a year because my birthday is in August so i'd only just be 18. I was just wondering if it was the same case for you or ne1 else who's been asked to defer!!
Nope, my birthday is at the very start of September, so I'll be an old fogey, I'll have turned 20!

Jo x
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
anyone heard from New Hall pool interviews??
Habes
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by presebjenada)
anyone heard from New Hall pool interviews??
Heylo! [newbie here ] was interviewed but haven't heard anything yet - am seriously getting worried - what did you apply for? I applied for Physical NatSci

Habes
presebjenada
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Habes)
Heylo! [newbie here ] was interviewed but haven't heard anything yet - am seriously getting worried - what did you apply for? I applied for Physical NatSci

Habes
i applied for sps.. i take it you got pooled to new hall as well.. but that makes me feel better if you havnt heard either. i think we'll be getting a letter next week sometime
DonnaB041986
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicman)
my birthday's in april. i was asked to defer because there aren't enough places this year. it does say in my offer letter that if a place becomes avaliable this year (if someone doesn't accept a place from the pool or misses the grades maybe?) then i can go this year, but i'd rather defer because i've started looking at stuff i can do and i want to have a year off now!

Donna
-x-
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have been given a place to study music at Robinson starting this year. I have to get AAA from the four A levels i'm doing. I can't really understand the point as I don't think that my A level grades (except for music) will affect my ability to do well at an academic music degree. I will drop one but I don't know which one - maths or chemistry.
JrW
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my birthday's in april. i was asked to defer because there aren't enough places this year. it does say in my offer letter that if a place becomes avaliable this year (if someone doesn't accept a place from the pool or misses the grades maybe?) then i can go this year, but i'd rather defer because i've started looking at stuff i can do and i want to have a year off now!

Donna
-x-
my b-day's in july.......so if i applied to oxford is it likely that i could get a deferred entry?
*Joanna*
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by jamierwilliams)
my b-day's in july.......so if i applied to oxford is it likely that i could get a deferred entry?
i dont' really think that when ur bday is has that much to do with it. it's prob more to do with the fact that they think ur good enough but simply don't have space. like i said, i'll be 20 when i start, so i've broken that rule already! but you never know.....
Habes
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by presebjenada)
i applied for sps.. i take it you got pooled to new hall as well.. but that makes me feel better if you havnt heard either. i think we'll be getting a letter next week sometime
Glad I can help! It was unnerving to hear that other people have had letters but I hadn't heard anything. Good luck with yours - *fingers crossed*
What do you think of New Hall? I quite liked it - was surprised. Where did you apply originally?
presebjenada
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Habes)
Glad I can help! It was unnerving to hear that other people have had letters but I hadn't heard anything. Good luck with yours - *fingers crossed*
What do you think of New Hall? I quite liked it - was surprised. Where did you apply originally?
you too! i applied to johns first.. prob a bit of a stupid choice because its so popular..but then again they do say that the bigger colleges are much more proactive about placing their pool choices than some of the smaller ones... good luck to you.. where did you apply to originally?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (217)
68.03%
No (102)
31.97%

Watched Threads