This discussion is closed.
Habes
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by presebjenada)
you too! i applied to johns first.. prob a bit of a stupid choice because its so popular..but then again they do say that the bigger colleges are much more proactive about placing their pool choices than some of the smaller ones... good luck to you.. where did you apply to originally?
lol - I applied to Johns too! The grid they give you in the back of the prospectus is really misleading. Stupidly I fell in love with the place and didn't bother walking any further out of the town centre. I went on their open day and they said that they were really keen on getting all good applicants a place through the pool - although that was just Dr Dorzzapf [sorry for mis-spellings] and he was just lovely. Cool - I hope you hear good news!
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Habes)
lol - I applied to Johns too! The grid they give you in the back of the prospectus is really misleading. Stupidly I fell in love with the place and didn't bother walking any further out of the town centre. I went on their open day and they said that they were really keen on getting all good applicants a place through the pool - although that was just Dr Dorzzapf [sorry for mis-spellings] and he was just lovely. Cool - I hope you hear good news!
thanks.. you too!
Lurker
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by musicman)
Hey i have an offer to read music at Jesus College for 2005 entry, and at my interview (my initial interview- wasn't pooled), the director of studies said I may be asked to stay back a year because my birthday is in August so i'd only just be 18. I was just wondering if it was the same case for you or ne1 else who's been asked to defer!!
Hehe, my birthday's in August, so I'd only just be 18 too, but as it happens I'm taking a gap year anyway! Makes me wonder if they would have asked me to defer if I'd applied last year.
Radagasty
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by presebjenada)
you too! i applied to johns first.. prob a bit of a stupid choice because its so popular..but then again they do say that the bigger colleges are much more proactive about placing their pool choices than some of the smaller ones
Isn't Clare the most popular college? From what I can tell, John's is middling in popularity--not unpopular, but not particularly popular either--at least, from the grid in the undergrad prospectus.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (222)
60.99%
Yes- I don't like it (16)
4.4%
No- I want it (101)
27.75%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.87%

Watched Threads