The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They have given you an offer on another course
Reply 2
You can't do the original course but they want you for another one! Exciting! Which courses? :smile:
Reply 3
don't know yet, UCAS wouldnt load the page properly :frown:
I dont mean to barge in, but I also have this issue =/

I applied for english lit and history at UEA, my offer was ABB
Now I have a changed course to history, if I get ABB
what?
If I accept this am I guarrenteed that place or will I face rejection if I dont get this ABB?

I know I have BB I just need the final grade
ahh Im so confused, my other course had lower entry requirements!!! @A@
Chopper-chan

what?
If I accept this am I guarrenteed that place or will I face rejection if I dont get this ABB?

Has the change course thing already been approved on track a while back and that is now your offer? as if it is then yes, as long as you've got ABB then you're in and if you don't get ABB then they'll treat you the same as all other applicants - they'll consider your application and see whether they can offer you a place.
oxymoronic
Has the change course thing already been approved on track a while back and that is now your offer? as if it is then yes, as long as you've got ABB then you're in and if you don't get ABB then they'll treat you the same as all other applicants - they'll consider your application and see whether they can offer you a place.

it only appeared this morning D:
I have the same thing. My insurance have accepted me but my firm is "changing my course"..

Me being the numpty I am, I didn't click to see what they were changing it to. :sigh:

Now I'm refreshing like a madwoman.
Chopper-chan
it only appeared this morning D:

so you mean you didn't actually ask them if you could change the course and this is just a random thing they've decided? It seems like you've missed your offer for your firm choice and they've given you an alternative one, but you need to "accept" their changes before it'll go through as successful etc. Wait until you've got your results and then you'll be in a better position to decide what to do - it also gives you time to check out the change of course and decide if its actually what you want. You don't need to make any decisions right now.
Reply 9
Chopper-chan

what?

oxymoronic's answer assumes you requested this course change. If you didn't, this is a bit odd as it's not normal for conditions to be attached to a 'changed course offer' on Results Day - since they already know what you got. If your Track is showing 'UCC' against this choice, then this is a change made by the uni, and your place is guaranteed if you decide to accept the offer - you have five days to do so.
yeh i got that last year and it was basically cause i didnt get the grades for the course i wanted to do at the uni but in my interview id made it really clear i wanted to go there so they put me on a different course with lower grade requirements so i could still go.

hope that helps?
Minerva
oxymoronic's answer assumes you requested this course change. If you didn't, this is a bit odd as it's not normal for conditions to be attached to a 'changed course offer' on Results Day - since they already know what you got. If your Track is showing 'UCC' against this choice, then this is a change made by the uni, and your place is guaranteed if you decide to accept the offer - you have five days to do so.

UCC? :s-smilie:
I didnt request it, no @A@

@oxy I see! Ok, I'll wait till I get my results
Minerva

Hey, you seem to know your stuff, just wondering if you can answer a question :biggrin:

I have the changed course thing too with my firm, but I want to reject it and go to my insurance which is listed as unconditional. I can't reject or accept on track right now, but I'm assuming i'll be able to do so in the evening when full functionality is restored? Or would I have to ring UCAS or the university?

Thanks.
Reply 13
Probably that your uni has decided to offer you a different choice. Wait till you have your grades then ring up the uni.
Reply 14
fr3shmang0
Hey, you seem to know your stuff, just wondering if you can answer a question :biggrin:

I have the changed course thing too with my firm, but I want to reject it and go to my insurance which is listed as unconditional. I can't reject or accept on track right now, but I'm assuming i'll be able to do so in the evening when full functionality is restored? Or would I have to ring UCAS or the university?

Thanks.
Too kind :tongue:

Yes, that's right - you should be able to do the needful later today or tomorrow - and you'll be in plenty of time so don't worry. You don't need to ring anyone.
Minerva
Too kind :tongue:

Yes, that's right - you should be able to do the needful later today or tomorrow - and you'll be in plenty of time so don't worry. You don't need to ring anyone.

:smile:

Thanks very much. I'll do that later on then, after a year of waiting I just want to get everything over with now and relax.

I'm going to uni! :woo:
Reply 16
fr3shmang0
:smile:

Thanks very much. I'll do that later on then, after a year of waiting I just want to get everything over with now and relax.

I'm going to uni!
Congratulations :smile:
I got that a "changed course" status this morning too cos my firm uni offered me the same degree i applied for but with a foundation year. I would like to accept this offer but there is no accept button!!!! please help!!!!!!! thanks
Reply 18
Exactly the same thing happened to me! Been given a 'changed course' at my firm uni, and my insurance is unconditional. I just contacted the Uni and they said they'll call me back and UCAS are really busy right now cos of people going through clearing.
Apparently UCAS is back to normal at 6pm tonight so i'm gonna give tht a go.
Check out opening and closing times of the faculty you'll be in at Uni so you can give them a ring later on maybe. :smile:

i'm guessing it basically means that you havent got the right grades to do what you wanted to originally so they've given you an alternative. I was looking at UCAS and they said that if you wanna reject your firm choice, you need to call them up and talk about your 'options' then contact your insurance.
Overall, with a 'changed course' you have your place at uni with a different course, you just gotta wait for UCAS to sort itself out to reply cos at the moment it's limited or something!

Peaccee ouuttt x
Yeah, I'm having trouble replying atm, and I really want to do it soon XD

Latest

Trending

Trending