This discussion is closed.
dinobfc
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Please Help! i am currently trying to input a formula for the date to be automatically inoutted but i want it so that it doesnt have the current date everytime i opened it but the one that i logged the transaction at. i currently have =date() but this changes to keep in with the current date is this possible ? pleeeeeaaaasssse!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by dinobfc)
Please Help! i am currently trying to input a formula for the date to be automatically inoutted but i want it so that it doesnt have the current date everytime i opened it but the one that i logged the transaction at. i currently have =date() but this changes to keep in with the current date is this possible ? pleeeeeaaaasssse!
Its certainly possbile I am too tired to think at the moment but I would do it by using VBA and store the current date at the transaction in a feild. In fact you will be able to this with a simple SQL statement.

I've only done this kind of stuff in ASP rather than Visual Basic so the coding will be a bit different.
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there should be a help and support tour somewhere you could try running a search on the internet and or on your computer it will take a while but is usally worth it sorry i cant be of more help
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewto...ght=date+stamp

or

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewto...ght=date+stamp
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (254)
39.69%
Take autumn exams (192)
30%
Look for a job (21)
3.28%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.91%
Take a year out (110)
17.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.94%

Watched Threads