Turn on thread page Beta

Microsoft Access Help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Please Help! i am currently trying to input a formula for the date to be automatically inoutted but i want it so that it doesnt have the current date everytime i opened it but the one that i logged the transaction at. i currently have =date() but this changes to keep in with the current date is this possible ? pleeeeeaaaasssse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinobfc)
    Please Help! i am currently trying to input a formula for the date to be automatically inoutted but i want it so that it doesnt have the current date everytime i opened it but the one that i logged the transaction at. i currently have =date() but this changes to keep in with the current date is this possible ? pleeeeeaaaasssse!
    Its certainly possbile I am too tired to think at the moment but I would do it by using VBA and store the current date at the transaction in a feild. In fact you will be able to this with a simple SQL statement.

I've only done this kind of stuff in ASP rather than Visual Basic so the coding will be a bit different.

ReputationRep:
    there should be a help and support tour somewhere you could try running a search on the internet and or on your computer it will take a while but is usally worth it sorry i cant be of more help
    • Answer Heroes
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Answer Heroes
    PS Reviewer
    http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewto...ght=date+stamp

or

http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewto...ght=date+stamp

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.