The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sybella
No pun intended on the "Novel idea" by the way! :teehee:

Ha! We'll be in Hollywood in no time at all with our oscar winning movies! :p:

Woo we're moving in on the same day! Shame Scotland/Wales is quite a few miles apart (... just a few :wink: ) otherwise we could have partied! The Uni/Registration on classes officially opens on the 21st and then study (boo study) starts up on the 27th (... Boo!!). Wait, when did studying happen at Uni? :lolwut: :biggrin:

The sad thing is I'll probably be freaking out trying to find everything in fresher's week to actually enjoy it. It's a month away and I'm still no closer to moving out than I was a year ago :rolleyes:

Is it self catered accomodation down there? Have you got anything special planned for the first night in?

hah i hadn't noticed tbh! Subliminal punning :teehee:
Exactly!! Harry Potter? WHAT Harry Potter? :rofl:
*5* Wales and Scotland is..yeah its a fair bit away still :frown: But we can party in spirit, my friend!! :biggrin:
Study? Uni? Oh i thought we were just paying £££ to par-tay :headbang: lol
God i can't believe its a month away; and same here it hasnt really sunk in yet?
And yes there is plenty of self-catered. I am so wanting chinese when i get there!! What bout u??
(ooh chocolate would b good, too...mmmm...:wink: )
Reply 21
ritchie888
Go to Peru.

*Perahhh dahling, Perahh
Reply 22
PGtips92
I got As in Maths, Economics and General Studies and a B in Geography (+ an A in Extended Project, an A in AS IT and a B in AS Physics).

My firm offer (Bristol) was AAA, and I missed it due to the B in Geography (312/400, when I needed 320... the 312 consisting of 3 As and a low C i.e. I screwed up one paper).

I can't decide whether to go to Birmingham for straight Economics, or have a gap year. I would be retaking the Geography paper and both A2 Economics papers to try and get A*AA. On the one hand, a gap year is a great opportunity to travel, etc; on the other hand, I could get mega depressed October- March doing a 9-5 especially when I could have been at Uni. I feel / felt ready to go to uni.... what would you do??? :frown:

Birmingham certainly not terrible. But yes there would a years delay if you take a gap year. and yes no guarentee of getting another Bristol offer.
What plans have you for a gap year outside exams?
Also what were you doing A-level GS for??
Reply 23
Paulwhy
Birmingham certainly not terrible. But yes there would a years delay if you take a gap year. and yes no guarentee of getting another Bristol offer.
What plans have you for a gap year outside exams?
Also what were you doing A-level GS for??

Hey, welcome back.

I think I'm going to go to Birmingham (see this thread).

A level GS was compulsory, and I have no gap year plans...

Out of interest, what do you make of what I asked in that ^^ thread? Have people ever transferred to Warwick's Economics department after the first few weeks of term and / or at the start of the second year?
Reply 24
PGtips92
Hey, welcome back.

I think I'm going to go to Birmingham (see this thread).

A level GS was compulsory, and I have no gap year plans...

Out of interest, what do you make of what I asked in that ^^ thread? Have people ever transferred to Warwick's Economics department after the first few weeks of term and / or at the start of the second year?

I don't know it happening. I know of someone who transferred from Warwick to Exeter after his first year. But then had to wait a year before he could start at Exeter.

Validity of advise from your friend depends on how well he understands:
i) how competitive econ is.
ii) How competitive Bristol.

Also consider that Bristol Economics is a small course. e.g. 50 people. so may not get any drop outs.
I certainly don't think you should start Birmingham under assumption that Bristol are likely to offer you a place in the future.

Latest

Trending

Trending