This discussion is closed.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm stuck, even if you know where you want to go, should you apply to other places too? And what would be better the 'bad' school where you know lots of people and the teachers, or another, different 'better' school where yo uknow no one. And all the colleges aren't so great And shoudl you go somewhere where the head of sixth form acts like he's drunk?.... hmmmmmmm
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I'm stuck, even if you know where you want to go, should you apply to other places too? And what would be better the 'bad' school where you know lots of people and the teachers, or another, different 'better' school where yo uknow no one. And all the colleges aren't so great And shoudl you go somewhere where the head of sixth form acts like he's drunk?.... hmmmmmmm
Teaching does make a difference to how well you will perform in sixth form but ulimitimatly its up to you how well you do. I went to one of the worst colleges in the country (MANCAT) and got AB in my AVCE and a B in my AS Business Studies, the only thing they failed me on was my key skills as the entire college failed the moderation.

If you think you will easily make freinds go to the better one if not go to one with your mates. You may not like the college where you don't know anybody and this could effect your perfomance.
*confused*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
lol...i'd advise against the drunken headmaster college!
i would personally go for one where you can see yourself being happy and successful (how cheesey does that sound?!)
There are advantages to both though...
if you go where you know people you will have a good time but if you go where you know no one you will make friends.
plus, i have a personal theory that, although the teaching is very important, a good student will make the most of it wherever they go

that wasnt really much hlep was it?!...sorry

btw...where are you from in essex? i go to Colchester sixth form college...its really good

xx
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by *confused*)
lol...i'd advise against the drunken headmaster college!
i would personally go for one where you can see yourself being happy and successful (how cheesey does that sound?!)
There are advantages to both though...
if you go where you know people you will have a good time but if you go where you know no one you will make friends.
plus, i have a personal theory that, although the teaching is very important, a good student will make the most of it wherever they go

that wasnt really much hlep was it?!...sorry

btw...where are you from in essex? i go to Colchester sixth form college...its really good

xx
No where near Colchester, I'm sort of on the border of london/ essex. Near Romford... (but I'm not a typical Essex girl...) Yeh I have that theory too, if you're gonna do well, you'll do well anywhere... thanks for your help
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (5)
50%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
10%
No- I want it (3)
30%
No- I don't want it (1)
10%

Watched Threads