albion-mad-nick
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Come on, there has to be some of you out there. Whether you are on the Oklahoma 4-year course or the normal 3-year course or whatever - if you are a lurker make yourself known, be good to say hello to each other before we are meeting up together in 7 weeks or so
jo123456789
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I just posted this on another thread, but I'll put it again here
I'm doing the 4 year Oklahoma course like you Nice to find someone else doing it, never see it mentioned on any of the other threads! I'm so excited!
What accomodation are you staying in? ]
Joanna
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
Brilliant! Great to find someone else doing the Oklahoma course . I can't wait either, that 3rd year is going to be absolutely fantastic.

I'm in Dunsden Crescent, how about you?
jo123456789
Report 10 years ago
Definitely brilliant! I don't know if you were at the same talk as I was, but one of the teachers said that the students normally go storm chasing with other groups! Sounds like fun to me!

I'm in Bulmershe
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
(Original post by jo123456789)
Definitely brilliant! I don't know if you were at the same talk as I was, but one of the teachers said that the students normally go storm chasing with other groups! Sounds like fun to me!

I'm in Bulmershe
Yeah, that would be an absolute dream come true. You can't go to Oklahoma and not do a spot of storm chasing, it's just criminal!

I can't remember which visit day I went to, I THINK it was February. All I remember is that it was winter and a nice sunny day

Let's hope some other Meteorology students show their faces on here. I think there are only 12 on the Oklahoma course, well that's what they told us in the talk anyway.

Edit: It must have been February. I was supposed to go to the one in January, but that was cancelled due to the snow!
Martin_Oakes
Report 10 years ago
Hate to ruin the party, but I'm on the 3 year :P good to see other people doing met though
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
(Original post by Martin_Oakes)
Hate to ruin the party, but I'm on the 3 year :P good to see other people doing met though
Excellent! The first 2 years are exactly the same anyway, good to see another Meteorologist amongst us

What accommodation are you in?

Also, I just accepted your friend request on Yougofurther
Martin_Oakes
Report 10 years ago
Yeah definitely ... where is everyone coming from then??
Wantage halls.. where are you?
Awesome, im on fb too =]
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
Yeah definitely ... where is everyone coming from then??
Wantage halls.. where are you?
Awesome, im on fb too =]
I'm in Dunsden. And I'm coming from Cannock in Staffordshire, how about you?

Sweet, I'll try and find you!
Martin_Oakes
Report 10 years ago
Niceee. oh right ace, pretty near me then; crewe in cheshire
cool
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
Niceee. oh right ace, pretty near me then; crewe in cheshire
cool
Cool, not far away! And I've tried searching for you on Facebook but annoyingly there are several people who share your name! Will probably be easier for you to add me...

www.facebook.com/nicholas.lee2
Martin_Oakes
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by albion-mad-nick)
Cool, not far away! And I've tried searching for you on Facebook but annoyingly there are several people who share your name! Will probably be easier for you to add me...

www.facebook.com/nicholas.lee2
yeah and just realised my yougo display picture isnt on my fb aha all sorted now mate lol
Snah
Report 10 years ago
Heyhey!
I'm doing the 4 year course too, and should hopefully be in Mackinder halls. I got told there was 10 of us and they offered 15 places . I don't care now, I'm in!
I'm hailing from leicestershire way.
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snah)
Heyhey!
I'm doing the 4 year course too, and should hopefully be in Mackinder halls. I got told there was 10 of us and they offered 15 places . I don't care now, I'm in!
I'm hailing from leicestershire way.
Yeah I was told exactly the same! And good to see a fellow Midlander on the course xD
Snah
Report 10 years ago
whoop midlands! :P
I'm so nervous about it all. how many are there of us when both 3 year and 4 year are taken into account?
I love the way they've said we don't need to do anything until September. Did any of you go to the first course open day?
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
(Original post by Snah)
whoop midlands! :P
I'm so nervous about it all. how many are there of us when both 3 year and 4 year are taken into account?
I love the way they've said we don't need to do anything until September. Did any of you go to the first course open day?
There will be 25-30 I think. Last year there were 26. I went to the one in June last year and the visit day in February (the January one was cancelled!).

I'm a bit nervous, the only thing I'm really nervous about is meeting new people and making new friends, so finding fellow meteorologists on here has really put my mind at ease . Apart from that I'm really looking forward to it. Especially the year in Oklahoma!
Martin_Oakes
Report 10 years ago
Awesome, i was at the 15th february day

http://www.facebook.com/martin.oakes
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
Well I'm glad I've found you guys, hopefully a few more will spot this thread
curlz91
Report 10 years ago
i've got in on the 3 year course
it was my insurance choice so i'm not sure where i'll be staying yet... i don't really mind though, i'm just happy to be coming!
albion-mad-nick
Rep:
?
(Original post by curlz91)
i've got in on the 3 year course
it was my insurance choice so i'm not sure where i'll be staying yet... i don't really mind though, i'm just happy to be coming!
Fantastic! Where was your firm at? And feel free to add me and others on Facebook if you have it, links are further up the page =]
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads