The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Is Freshers week going to be any good? I am not living on campus so I doubt it would be easy for me to go to all the events.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
A Manc In Brighton
hi-5 for second years! :woo:

just out of interest where did you stay last year/whereabouts are you living this year?

Stanmer Court! You? I miss my flat :frown:

Living in Falmer this year, right near the uni, yay no train fares :tongue: you?
Lord_Sner
Is Freshers week going to be any good? I am not living on campus so I doubt it would be easy for me to go to all the events.

http://www.sussexstudent.com/freshers
thats whats going on, it should be fun and theres stuff in town as well as on campus
oo_Lucinda_oo
Stanmer Court! You? I miss my flat :frown:

Living in Falmer this year, right near the uni, yay no train fares :tongue: you?

east slope babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :biggrin:

oooh falmer! nice work, we looked there but there's 8 of us so couldn't find anything :/

i'm living near brighton station though, so it's not too bad, and i'm with 7 of my friends and our house is lush! all double rooms with sinks and a mahoosive garden etc. <3 i love it!

are you going to many fresher events then?
Lord_Sner
Hi:biggrin: , I am doing History and Sociology, well done for getting a place! Did they take a while to let you know?

oo yay, another History person! thanks, well done to you too! nope, i found they were quite quick. can't wait to meet everyone :biggrin:
A Manc In Brighton
east slope babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :biggrin:

oooh falmer! nice work, we looked there but there's 8 of us so couldn't find anything :/

i'm living near brighton station though, so it's not too bad, and i'm with 7 of my friends and our house is lush! all double rooms with sinks and a mahoosive garden etc. <3 i love it!

are you going to many fresher events then?

Ahhhh, I apologise for everything I've ever said and done in East Slope :tongue:

Well we didn't actually want Falmer, it's a good location but our house is crappy :sigh: We left it sooo late. Only saving grace is an off-license right next door :wink: Your house sounds amazing!

I'm not actually sure, it depends if I can afford it :/ I'm tempted to go on the pub crawl cos last year was mental haha you?
Reply 86
Whos else is going to the barndance? Are we supposed to go in fancy dress as cowboys/cowgirls (or cows/horses)?
Reply 87
fron91
Whos else is going to the barndance? Are we supposed to go in fancy dress as cowboys/cowgirls (or cows/horses)?

I am! I hope so, I already have stuff to wear :p:
Reply 88
Lucibell
I am! I hope so, I already have stuff to wear :p:

Ooer howdy cowgirl :sexface:
oo_Lucinda_oo
Ahhhh, I apologise for everything I've ever said and done in East Slope :tongue:

Well we didn't actually want Falmer, it's a good location but our house is crappy :sigh: We left it sooo late. Only saving grace is an off-license right next door :wink: Your house sounds amazing!

I'm not actually sure, it depends if I can afford it :/ I'm tempted to go on the pub crawl cos last year was mental haha you?

haha believe me, whatever you did in east slope can't have put me to shame :wink: tbh i'm surprised i haven't seen you around, but then again i lived with several dealers, so unless you pick up daily, or hang around flat 19 brighthelm, chances are i won't have met you :p:

yeah i need a job sooooooo badly! you're right there, last year was awesome (what i remember of it!) so i might try and tag along this year, if i can convince my friends :yep:

what are you studying?
A Manc In Brighton
haha believe me, whatever you did in east slope can't have put me to shame :wink: tbh i'm surprised i haven't seen you around, but then again i lived with several dealers, so unless you pick up daily, or hang around flat 19 brighthelm, chances are i won't have met you :p:

yeah i need a job sooooooo badly! you're right there, last year was awesome (what i remember of it!) so i might try and tag along this year, if i can convince my friends :yep:

what are you studying?

Haha well what happens in East Slope stays in East Slope! TBH I lived in Stanmer so it's pretty usual for no-one to see you like ever :tongue: I mainly traipsed about Park Houses and Swanborough. I also lived with a dealer so know exactly what you mean, although isn't everyone in East Slope a dealer? :mmm:

Ooh me too, I have (fingers crossed) a job offer still at Audio from the pervy manager so might actually be able to afford stuff this year, namely food. You have to come freshers week so we can check out the new meat!

I'm studying History. Well this past year was more "studying" but I'm determined to actually do some work this year :tongue: You?
Reply 91
thepomster
TSR meet up sounds like a pretty good idea im sure everyone would be game.

i think ill get a gym membership if i can afford it although im not sure how often id use it as im pretty self conscious

Don't worry about it, if it helps when I first started going to the gym I went to one where all the local chavs go to "get ripped" i.e. see how much they can lift....

I wasn't exactly slim and I am still fairly chunky but no one said a word to me because all gyms usually operate on a no bull **** and mucking around policy so you'd effectively throw away your membership.

The best thing you can do is to just go :smile:
Rosie
Chemistry BSc
umm.... 10000?

Applied last year didn't get in, resat and here I am, even though I was convinced I wouldn't get in! :biggrin:
Reply 93
Also what is recommended for people who don't like clubbing for freshers week?

Clubbing just doesn't appeal to me anymore (maybe its because all the people where I live just go to perform some form of contemporary mating dance), I will give clubbing a chance in Brighton as it would be stupid to not try one of the best places in the UK to go out.

Anyone got any good suggestions for rock music (any type of "rock" music really) venues and good pubs as well??

I don't think I will buy the golden ticket because it will be like being on a cruise where you have to go too said clubs otherwise your money is wasted. Think I'll just explore :smile:

Oh yeah what about jazz/drum'n'bass/dance clubs?

Ahhhh sod it.... just recommend me some good clubs/pubs/venues that play all types of music :P
Eccentric
Don't worry about it, if it helps when I first started going to the gym I went to one where all the local chavs go to "get ripped" i.e. see how much they can lift....

I wasn't exactly slim and I am still fairly chunky but no one said a word to me because all gyms usually operate on a no bull **** and mucking around policy so you'd effectively throw away your membership.

The best thing you can do is to just go :smile:

yehhhh my school offered a gym free with 6th form and of chavs doing crap like that, im going to ty to get in shape over the next month got nothing else to do
Eccentric
Also what is recommended for people who don't like clubbing for freshers week?

Clubbing just doesn't appeal to me anymore (maybe its because all the people where I live just go to perform some form of contemporary mating dance), I will give clubbing a chance in Brighton as it would be stupid to not try one of the best places in the UK to go out.

Anyone got any good suggestions for rock music (any type of "rock" music really) venues and good pubs as well??

I don't think I will buy the golden ticket because it will be like being on a cruise where you have to go too said clubs otherwise your money is wasted. Think I'll just explore :smile:

Oh yeah what about jazz/drum'n'bass/dance clubs?

Ahhhh sod it.... just recommend me some good clubs/pubs/venues that play all types of music :P

Umm Oceana is alright if you go downstairs to the disco room, they play unclubby music, i heard Kings of Leon there one night :smile: There's also a rock club type place that plays live music along the seafront but I can't remember what it's called :p:

There are LOADS of pubs and bars in brighton, you'll find one you'll fall in love with :biggrin:

I live sorta near Brighton and some of my friends were freshers at Sussex last year so I know a fair bit already :yep:
purplemagic150
Rosie
Chemistry BSc
umm.... 10000?

Applied last year didn't get in, resat and here I am, even though I was convinced I wouldn't get in! :biggrin:

Someone else doing chemistry.:biggrin:

I'm doing the MChem but i think it's the same for the first 2 years anyway.:woo:

Wardy23
I originally applied for Biochemistry but I've ditched you guys in favour of Chemistry. Try not to let the heartbreak get to you :-P

Another Chemistry person.:biggrin:

Charlisquigs
Omg sammmee. Conversations go like this:
'Where you going then?'
'Sussex'
'Wheres that then?'
'Near Brighton'
'OMGZZZ you aren't gonna get any guys, they are all gayyy!'
:facepalm:
Seriously this has happened about 6 times.

I am tooo excited about the barn dance :biggrin: do we have to dress up??

I'm going to sussex uni and i'm not gay...:sexface:

And i'm going barndance and yea, accoridng to the website you have to dress up in proper barn dance gear... "checked shirts and straw hats" are what it says you need.:yep:

Being from devon it's not my first barn dance...:P

And there's free cider so even if you're not dancing when you first go in you will after an hour or so.:biggrin:
Reply 97
-Rachel
-Neuroscience with Cognitive Science
-7/10 - I'm all worried about money issues atm! Did not forsee the actual expense of uni... It's frightening. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone though; I'm staying in Swanborough :smile:
*Rachie*
-Rachel
-7/10 - I'm all worried about money issues atm! Did not forsee the actual expense of uni... It's frightening. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone though; I'm staying in Swanborough :smile:

Im sure the money will all work out for you, and are you confirmed in swansborough as im waiting for my tenancy and put Swanborough as my first
Reply 99
*Rachie*
-Rachel

You should of gone for Eastslope if you were worrying about the expense of uni :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending