The Student Room Group

school forces me to do 5 As!!!

My school forces all students to take a minimum of 4 As. However i will be learning privately outside school since the school didn't offer the subject i intend to study.

So given this the schools stills says i have to do at least four subject, Now since i plan to get A for all of them 5 will probably be too much for me.

Anyway the points is really want to get 4A at As and A2 and so a fifth subject would really hinder my ability to get A

can a school really force you to do 5 subjects.
What should i do???
Reply 1
Pick something lol like general studies at your school for the 4th subject. It requires no work outside of class so you should be fine.
get a U in the 5th subject. then as it is uncertificated, it won't show up at all and you won't have to put in on UCAS :tongue: nobody will be any wiser
Reply 3
My sixth form say you need to study four AS plus general studies which is a waste of time. Take general studies for your fourth option in school. Who cares if you flop it no good uni accepts it as a qualification. And you never have to mention it on your CV.
Reply 4
I was also forced along with a few people to do 5, becaus of our GCSE. I dropped General studies after AS
Reply 5
funny there is no option for general studies in my school

Latest