Turn on thread page Beta

Real programming challenge. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Idol)
    Well,

is anyone interested in a real programming challenge?
    I'm going to rewrite from scratch an old version of my Media Player.

Take a look at the old version http://www.x-media.com.ar/

Anyone interested in joining the developing team?

Regards,
    Mariano.

i would love to give it a shot !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    i would love to give it a shot !!!
    Wonderful, wich are your skills?

ReputationRep:
    Wonderful, wich are your skills?
    if u wuld ask me....frankly nothing that i know of...though i have done C++ at school level, but i would love to learn somethng new.............

ReputationRep:
    if u wuld ask me....frankly nothing that i know of...though i have done C++ at school level, but i would love to learn somethng new.............
    Well, it's ok I can teach you some stuff.
    Have you seen the first version?
    If so, what do you think about it?

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's ok I can teach you some stuff.
    Have you seen the first version?
    If so, what do you think about it?
    its pretty good.....but could have been more user friendly ......its not that i am critisizing or anything...just a suggestion for the next time !!!

ReputationRep:
    its pretty good.....but could have been more user friendly ......its not that i am critisizing or anything...just a suggestion for the next time !!!
    Yes, it's quite old too, but it has a couple of interesting options like playing everything that Media Player is able to play (except cd/dvd, I didn't code that but I will for the next version), including DivX if you have the codecs. The playlist and ID3 editor.

I have a gfx designer working on the new skin, it will be better than the actual one.

What do you think that you could do for the project?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it's quite old too, but it has a couple of interesting options like playing everything that Media Player is able to play (except cd/dvd, I didn't code that but I will for the next version), including DivX if you have the codecs. The playlist and ID3 editor.

I have a gfx designer working on the new skin, it will be better than the actual one.

What do you think that you could do for the project?
    well, actually i do not really know. I wanted to be guided ffor the first one of these projects !!!
    I really do not know as to what i can do...so i suggest that if i may take ur time, please do not include me in the project, or u may not be able to complete it with the best of ur ability........i would not mind keeping out !!!

ReputationRep:
    well, actually i do not really know. I wanted to be guided ffor the first one of these projects !!!
    I really do not know as to what i can do...so i suggest that if i may take ur time, please do not include me in the project, or u may not be able to complete it with the best of ur ability........i would not mind keeping out !!!
    Well, it's up to you, I could always give you a non-critical section of the work if you want.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's up to you, I could always give you a non-critical section of the work if you want.
    yea....sure u could....but what i wsa saying was that i should not be a barrier b/w u and ur work, and since i am sans any practical expierence, i may not be of much help.....though i would love to !!!

ReputationRep:
    yea....sure u could....but what i wsa saying was that i should not be a barrier b/w u and ur work, and since i am sans any practical expierence, i may not be of much help.....though i would love to !!!
    Well, again, is up to you.

ReputationRep:
    also, i got to go now, so u can post me on this forum, by 'pm' ing me and lemme know about any help that i can offer.
    I will then give u the forwarding address of the post ( info ) that u can send
    thanx a lot !!!
    i will wait to hear from u !!!

ReputationRep:
    also, i got to go now, so u can post me on this forum, by 'pm' ing me and lemme know about any help that i can offer.
    I will then give u the forwarding address of the post ( info ) that u can send
    thanx a lot !!!
    i will wait to hear from u !!!
    No problem man, I'll drop you a line soon.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.