This discussion is closed.
prince_capri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Well,

is anyone interested in a real programming challenge?
I'm going to rewrite from scratch an old version of my Media Player.

Take a look at the old version http://www.x-media.com.ar/

Anyone interested in joining the developing team?

Regards,
Mariano.

i would love to give it a shot !!!
EI_123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by prince_capri)
i would love to give it a shot !!!
Wonderful, wich are your skills?
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Wonderful, wich are your skills?
if u wuld ask me....frankly nothing that i know of...though i have done C++ at school level, but i would love to learn somethng new.............
EI_123
Rep:
?
if u wuld ask me....frankly nothing that i know of...though i have done C++ at school level, but i would love to learn somethng new.............
Well, it's ok I can teach you some stuff.
Have you seen the first version?
If so, what do you think about it?
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, it's ok I can teach you some stuff.
Have you seen the first version?
If so, what do you think about it?
its pretty good.....but could have been more user friendly ......its not that i am critisizing or anything...just a suggestion for the next time !!!
EI_123
Rep:
?
its pretty good.....but could have been more user friendly ......its not that i am critisizing or anything...just a suggestion for the next time !!!
Yes, it's quite old too, but it has a couple of interesting options like playing everything that Media Player is able to play (except cd/dvd, I didn't code that but I will for the next version), including DivX if you have the codecs. The playlist and ID3 editor.

I have a gfx designer working on the new skin, it will be better than the actual one.

What do you think that you could do for the project?
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes, it's quite old too, but it has a couple of interesting options like playing everything that Media Player is able to play (except cd/dvd, I didn't code that but I will for the next version), including DivX if you have the codecs. The playlist and ID3 editor.

I have a gfx designer working on the new skin, it will be better than the actual one.

What do you think that you could do for the project?
well, actually i do not really know. I wanted to be guided ffor the first one of these projects !!!
I really do not know as to what i can do...so i suggest that if i may take ur time, please do not include me in the project, or u may not be able to complete it with the best of ur ability........i would not mind keeping out !!!
EI_123
Rep:
?
well, actually i do not really know. I wanted to be guided ffor the first one of these projects !!!
I really do not know as to what i can do...so i suggest that if i may take ur time, please do not include me in the project, or u may not be able to complete it with the best of ur ability........i would not mind keeping out !!!
Well, it's up to you, I could always give you a non-critical section of the work if you want.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well, it's up to you, I could always give you a non-critical section of the work if you want.
yea....sure u could....but what i wsa saying was that i should not be a barrier b/w u and ur work, and since i am sans any practical expierence, i may not be of much help.....though i would love to !!!
EI_123
Rep:
?
yea....sure u could....but what i wsa saying was that i should not be a barrier b/w u and ur work, and since i am sans any practical expierence, i may not be of much help.....though i would love to !!!
Well, again, is up to you.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
also, i got to go now, so u can post me on this forum, by 'pm' ing me and lemme know about any help that i can offer.
I will then give u the forwarding address of the post ( info ) that u can send
thanx a lot !!!
i will wait to hear from u !!!
EI_123
Rep:
?
also, i got to go now, so u can post me on this forum, by 'pm' ing me and lemme know about any help that i can offer.
I will then give u the forwarding address of the post ( info ) that u can send
thanx a lot !!!
i will wait to hear from u !!!
No problem man, I'll drop you a line soon.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (254)
39.63%
Take autumn exams (193)
30.11%
Look for a job (21)
3.28%
Consider an apprenticeship (25)
3.9%
Take a year out (110)
17.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (38)
5.93%

Watched Threads