The Student Room Group

Please help. Need progression advice after these AS results.

Hi there, I got BBB for my AS levels this year but i need ABB in A2 to do the course i want to do at uni. I'm pretty sure i could get the predicted grades from my teachers, and I thought i should be able to pull it off fine with these AS grades until i looked at the breakdowns.

History - 1st exam A/ 2nd exam C = B
Drama - Written Exam B (1 mark off A)/ Practical Exam C = B
Art(Film and Video) - Coursework B (3 off A) / Exam C = B

I am planning on re-sitting the 2nd history exam so that's okay, but there is nothing i can do about the other two.

The problem is that next year the weighting changes and the practical in drama and the exam in Art(Film) weigh more than the other two modules and i doubt i'll be able to get my ABB in this case. :frown:

I am debating dropping one of them and picking up a fast-track A level i could hopefully do more easily (which is written paper based rather than practical, as i seem to be better at that) to try and get the other grade.

What do you guys think? I'm asking here as my college still haven't got back to me with a date for a guidance interview and i haven't got any other means of discussing this. It's driving me mad.

Thanks in advance.

(By the way this is my first post so i hope it's okay).