need to collectect some results Watch

This discussion is closed.
anthony miller
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Do you think that listenin to rap music effects the individuals or groups of people who listen to it?

and

Do you think that Rap artists Promote violence? wether it be through their lyrical content or the videos to their songs ?

i would be very gratefull if i recieved useful replys to my questions. feel free to write opinions on the subject

Thanx
thefish_uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't think it's what rap does to the people, it's that people of a certain type get into rap music. The people who want to be "cool" and have the "rap" or "MC" image.
anthony miller
thanx for that reply i see where your comming from with that comment.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Rap isn't music.
anthony miller
ok im now asking for answers to the questions i posted aswell as opinions
anthony miller
Do you think that listenin to rap music effects the individuals or groups of people who listen to it?

and

Do you think that Rap artists Promote violence? wether it be through their lyrical content or the videos to their songs ?

i would be very gratefull if i recieved useful replys to my questions. feel free to write opinions on the subject

Thanx
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
No, the media doesn't have too much influence, the main influence came from the parents if they don't teach their sons well ... crash.
anthony miller
thanx for that reply eternal idol!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by anthony miller)
thanx for that reply eternal idol!
Hey, no problem, you are welcome, but rap isn't music at all hehehe.

Regards.
anthony miller
well thats your opinion, i dont think that rock is music i just reffer to it as noise!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well thats your opinion, i dont think that rock is music i just reffer to it as noise!
And ripping someone elses music or doing noises with machines is music?

I listen to Heavy Metal anyway.

But if you prefer we could listen to classics like Chopin or Mozart
anthony miller
lol naw you no wot you can listen to your heavy metal and i will listen 2 my rap music!
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol naw you no wot you can listen to your heavy metal and i will listen 2 my rap music!
Yes, I will listen to my Heavy Metal music and you will listen to your rap
deary_ma_leary
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

and

Thanx
it depends on the person. younger people will eb more affected by the lyrics but it'll only be a minority to act according to what they hear.

and

many rap artists, or the first rap artists, typically have lived alongside violence. i think it's hard for young, white, middle classed teenagers to relate to the violence exerienced by these artists. howveer not all rap artyists have witnessed violenece, i dont wnat to generalise.
i do feel though that a detrimental attitude to girls/women is too often used and listeners will be much more easily affected by this as we are not taught that this is wrong in the way that we are taught that violence is.

hope i help. what's this for?
anthony miller
it is jus to analyse results for a gcse project
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

and

Do you think that Rap artists Promote violence? wether it be through their lyrical content or the videos to their songs
I don't necessarily think that rap artists promote violence, I mean the majority of these artists are from America where everyone has guns or at least the right to own them and protect themselves. Their attitudes towards having enemies and things does seem a little lacking tho, I mean I read that 50 cent has an official list of enemies on his website! Surely no promoting a feeling of peace and good will.

I do feel they promote a lax attitude towards responsibilty as far as sex and drug taking go tho, meaning that there are always references to such things in their music making it seem cool. I think this does have an affect on the people that listen to this type of music.
anthony miller
thanx 4 your views on that i do agree with what u have said and it will be a useful piece of information to use
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

and

Thanx

i have nothing against rap, but i don't think young children should be subjected to this kind of 'music', especially if they contain profanities or controversial issues. by young i mean not yet fully understanding these issues and then being influenced by the artist themselves. forever some rap is harmless, although i do think some of the videos are too exaggearated, and without necessarily promoting violence, they somewhat promote a negative view on society. this is fine when subjected to an mature audience, but i do believe parents should restrain children from severe or extreme rap just as young children are restrained from violent movies.
anthony miller

and

Do you think that Rap artists Promote violence? wether it be through their lyrical content or the videos to their songs
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

and

i think rap music effect individuals in their opinions, not necessaryily have a huge influence on them. i think its when groups of people get together (especially early teenagers) when the essence of violence is truly exaggerated.

certainely in some rap movies and lyric content there is the reminder of hate/violence as well other issues such as sex. its not necessarily promoting violence, but maybe theres like a tiny hint of being the whole 'kool rap star' and singing about violence that people catch onto. i suppose it depends on individual interpretation and acceptance...if that makes any sense at all...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (217)
68.03%
No (102)
31.97%

Watched Threads