Tampon gets increasingly hard to insert over course of period. Why?

Watch
Molliarinxoxo
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
If you can, Lay down on your bed and put one leg up and it’ll side in easily. Also pause
bby_celery
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
um try to relax your muscles bc you might just be stressed about putting it in 🙃. i’ve had this same problem but it was just that i was extremely anxious that it would hurt. good luck though
Amznforest
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If you’re feeling a “bone” inside your vagina, it’s most likely that you need to have a bowel movement, and you’re feeling your own stool through your vaginal wall.
Amznforest
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
This problem also happens to me where I cannot insert the tampon easily on some days of my period. This can be because your cervix gets lower and harder during your period, so the cervix can get in the way of a tampon.

Another possibility is prolapse, where your pelvic floor muscles are not strong enough to support your uterus and it starts to push down into your vagina, stopping a tampon from fitting properly. Mostly this happens to mothers, but it can happen to anyone with weak pelvic floor muscles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (51)
12.2%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.91%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (106)
25.36%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (38)
9.09%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (200)
47.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.59%

Watched Threads