Anyone who has missed QUB offers

Watch
Yogity
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Have you heard their decision yet? Mine is still "Decision Pending." I'm just curious to see if anyone who missed their offer has been accepted/rejected yet.
Emmanuel321
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Let's hope they have good news for the update in the morning. Can track update before that i wonder?
cantstop-x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi again, from the other thread :p:

Two of my friends are still "Decision Pending" (for MEng Aerospace Engineering, and BA Film Studies) - one got through to the admissions office and the woman on the other end on the phone said that all applications should definitely be done by next Thursday, and most done by the end of the weekend. I'm not sure if that advice was for every course, or just his Engineering though. Either way, it's just a waiting game
Yogity
Rep:
?
hello to both of you! I think it's the same people on all of these threads :L
Yea I'm just wondering if anyone has managed a place. It seems like there haven't been any decisions made yet on anything! Waiting game
hurtletoot
Report 11 years ago
still at decision pending told the same thing when i foned queens admissions that everyone should hear by next thursday. not good!!
Aw16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey there,

Just to inform people...

QUB Admissions have left those - Pending - decision as pending for over-subscribed courses!

You'll find out in due course.

Don't worry and stay positive!
Aw16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Folks refer to this:

http://www.qub.ac.uk/sites/UCASDecis...cisionPending/
Aw16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
By the way GOOD LUCK!
sparkplug
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Queens always takes longer than a lot of universities to post place confirmations, it's rarely specifically due to you in particular. Stay positive and good luck.
chrissie1286
Report 11 years ago
No, mine is still decision pending, but I got told that I would hear by 2day, but then I've checked their website and their deadline is thurs 26th aug. I wouldnt think archaeology and ancient history would be that over-scribed
exploiit
Report 11 years ago
My friend is in the same position with decision pending, different course though. She rang up Admissions and they said she "hopefully" hear back by Thursday. It's probably a good sign if you're still being considered though. Best of luck!
hannahlouise25
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Queen's made an admin error on my offer and said I was decision pending when I had actually exceeded my offer, but when they changed mine from decision pending to accepted track updated 15 hours earlier than the QUB website because they only update twice a day and track updates all the time. Good luck to everyone though!!!
Emmanuel321
Report 11 years ago
Firm just updated to unsuccessful
That was kind of expected though because i was two grades off, my insurance is only one grade so maybe there's hope there. :/
Law-Undergrad
Report 11 years ago
Still Pending? Read this:

We understand that this is an anxious time of the year and staff of the Admissions and Access Service will make all decisions as quickly as possible. However, it does take time to process all the applications we receive. We aim to have all of our decisions finalised by the UCAS deadline of Thursday 26 August, if not sooner.

Initially all those who exactly meet or better the conditions of their offer are accepted and after that Selectors must assess what room there is for 'flexibility'. Depending on the number of successful candidates and the number of vacancies still to be filled, it may be possible for some courses to offer places to students who have dropped slightly below their target grades but it will take several days before such a decision can be made. Where this applies, only a maximum of one A-level grade drop or equivalent is normally permitted.

If you were holding an offer for a high demand course (eg Accounting, Dentistry, Law, Medicine or Pharmacy) and would like to be considered for a place on another degree, complete and return the 'Enquiry Form' as soon as possible bearing in mind that your request can only be considered if there are vacancies. Filling in an 'Enquiry Form' will not affect your consideration for your original course choice - the Enquiry Form will only be considered if you are unsuccessful for your original course choice. The 'Enquiry Form' was sent to you earlier in the year but if you have misplaced it you may download another copy.

If there are no vacancies available or your grades are too low for either your original or alternative choice of course, unfortunately, your application will be unsuccessful. However, the University will do all it can to try to accommodate you before registering a decision.
MadameButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If they know there are no places on our course, do they let us know quickly and would we have been rejected by now....it's been 5 days now...so sad...music course is a perfect fit for me and I would've thrown myself right into performing, recitals etc....think I might ring them again tomorrow-not applying anywhere else,wouldn't be the same. So near and yet so far to my offer-
MadameButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
and I was only 3 marks off my B :s
Yogity
Rep:
?
Just thought I'd post here and update everyone who I haven't told yet. Got accepted yesterday! Don't lose hope if you haven't heard yet! You never know what's gonna happen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed