This discussion is closed.
amexblack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
They do the caps in Phlip on the Kings Road in London
cool, thanks. harvey nicks is often sold out. will check this place out a little later
kingpong
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by capslock)
I don't think its fair to call someone 'selfish' based on there personal choices. Are you 'selfish' for not giving all you're money away to charity?
To an extent yes, but it's all proportional.

Quality of clothing is linked to its price only to a certain level. But once you start paying ludicrous prices for stuff then you're blatantly throwing large chunks of money away on nothing, which could go to a more worthwile cause.

TBH, selfish or not, I would feel an idiot for buying into the whole thing.

What are the motivations for buying such overpriced goods? Overt displays of wealth? Acceptance from like-minded individuals?
SirWhale
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
I was just sending a PM about clothes and became curious, when I'm going out with a boy I enjoy to shower him with gifts as i hope he does me, no im not some millionaire rich but i have money to spend and i do so with clothes (as my mates owns a bar so it takes away the need to buy alcohol lol (big money saver)). So I was just curious where all you boys enjoy to shop? I normally buy from river island, armani, versace, burton, hugo boss, ck, ralph lauren, top man, madhouse, YSL, dkny, gucci (and i use goldsmiths ans H sammuels when buying jewellery) the list could go on forever but im curious if there's any other shops or places boys like to shop at?
I love USC, its the best, FCUK is good too and top man make some good stuff. Republic in the trafford centre is good.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Be honest. he doesn't exist does he?
lol, why would i invent a boyfriend?!
Lenny
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kingpong)
Whilst there are still insecure tits like Percy in the world I will want to get into the overpriced clothing market.

Are you retarded? Do you seriously have nothing better to spend your money on?

It's consumerism gone mad. You are buying things you don't need, and paying an absolute fortune for them. Have you ever actually thought about it?
I'm impressed, someone's actually talking some sence in this thread.
Percy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Lenny)
I'm impressed, someone's actually talking some sence in this thread.
Percy is not an insecure tit.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
I just think it's hilarious how they take really dodgy trends, wait a few months then get their own version on the shelves for £3. I hate the way stuff from there lasts 2 weeks though.
its better to pay £3 for a dodgy trend than buy it for a 3 figure sum based on a label. the majority of clothes you buy in designer label store are cheap, manafactured crap designed to lure in joe average who thinks hes abit classy. they are like any other chain store.
if you want to go 'designer' (based on the name of a designer as opposed to the designer) stick to the official boutiques and pay over four figures...but youd have to be slightly demented in any case.
as a girl, ive seen more hideously dressed men in so called designer clothes than i care to remember...
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Percy is not an insecure tit.
Why do you talk about yourself in the third person?
Percy
Rep:
?
You can't go wrong with LAMBRETTA, PUMA, ADIDAS, DKNY, GUCCI , TED BAKER , CHIPIE , PRADA , BEN SHERMAN , MINI MAN, VERSACE, D&G , ARMANI , MOSCHINO , ZARA , OSHKOSH , LEVIS , DIESEL , YSL , OR DIOR.
Percy
Rep:
?
(Original post by serendipity)
Why do you talk about yourself in the third person?
Because someone called me a tit and I was correcting them!
capslock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
You can't go wrong with LAMBRETTA, PUMA, ADIDAS, DKNY, GUCCI , TED BAKER , CHIPIE , PRADA , BEN SHERMAN , MINI MAN, VERSACE, D&G , ARMANI , MOSCHINO , ZARA , OSHKOSH , LEVIS , DIESEL , YSL , OR DIOR.
Puma... to Gucci. Quite a range there buddy.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
with the exception of the sports and denim, there is nothing authentic in any of this..can you tell me what the difference is between them all?
Percy
Rep:
?
(Original post by vienna95)
with the exception of the sports and denim, there is nothing authentic in any of this..can you tell me what the difference is between them all?
they are ALL authentic!
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
yes you can..... like wearing an Armani jacket with Adidas tracksuit bottoms and carrying a Gucci handbag
Percy
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Ed)
yes you can..... like wearing an Armani jacket with Adidas tracksuit bottoms
Thats fashion for you!!!!
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kingpong)
To an extent yes, but it's all proportional.

Quality of clothing is linked to its price only to a certain level. But once you start paying ludicrous prices for stuff then you're blatantly throwing large chunks of money away on nothing, which could go to a more worthwile cause.

TBH, selfish or not, I would feel an idiot for buying into the whole thing.

What are the motivations for buying such overpriced goods? Overt displays of wealth? Acceptance from like-minded individuals?
some good points here.... i sometimes see in the magazines certain clothing priced at over £200, when I know you can get the equivalent quality items for about £40 or less.... alot of designer stuff are just ripoffs... take the Martial Arts (flat heel so easier to train in) trainers that Adidas are now selling for £50-£75 in the shops. I bought the EXACT same shoes (design everything) for £25 from my instructor.... the only difference was the word Playwell instead of Adidas. AND i thought that was a ripoff, cuz the heel starts to come off after the 4th time you wear it...
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Thats fashion for you!!!!
that's called 'Going Wrong'.... a contradiction of your statement would you wear all that stuff together, even if you WERE a designer freak? twould look hideous.
Percy
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Ed)
some good points here.... i sometimes see in the magazines certain clothing priced at over £200, when I know you can get the equivalent quality items for about £40 or less.... alot of designer stuff are just ripoffs... take the Martial Arts (flat heel so easier to train in) trainers that Adidas are now selling for £50-£75 in the shops. I bought the EXACT same shoes (design everything) for £25 from my instructor.... the only difference was the word Playwell instead of Adidas. AND i thought that was a ripoff, cuz the heel starts to come off after the 4th time you wear it...
Where can you get it for less than £40? And it wouldnt say "Puma" on it!
4Ed
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Percy)
Where can you get it for less than £40? And it wouldnt say "Puma" on it!
i didn't say it was Puma clothing.... i was referring to various items in magazines.... u ever hear of Factory Outlet? besides, you could just stitch the words Puma on the clothes you want..... whats the big deal?
Percy
Rep:
?
(Original post by 4Ed)
that's called 'Going Wrong'.... a contradiction of your statement would you wear all that stuff together, even if you WERE a designer freak? twould look hideous.
Not all of it. Probably this:

Lambretta Jacket
Ben Sherman Shirt
DKNY Vest
Levi Jeans
Armani Y Fronts
D& G Hat
Adidas Trainers
Puma socks
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads