This discussion is closed.
deary_ma_leary
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its only deodorants with a certain chemical in them. they havent yet proved that that chemical being in a breast that's had cancer is BECAUSE of the deodorants, they just know that that chemical is in some deodorants-though only about 5% of ALL deodorants. Aluminium is in many/most deodorants and that doesn't cause cancer, but has been found to lead to a disease (i forget which one) 95% of deodorants don't contain the chemical linked to cancer though. if you want an aluminium free deodorant, the only one i've fround is called bionsen but is only at all effective if you use the aerosol spray. dearyxxx
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I believe the body shop sell deodorant without aluminium. If Aluminium in deodorants causes Cancer, then can men get Breast cancer?
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I believe the body shop sell deodorant without aluminium. If Aluminium in deodorants causes Cancer, then can men get Breast cancer?
not BREAST cancer
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)

They can, actually, though it's uncommon.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tinykates)
not BREAST cancer
Men have breasts, or some do anyway.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Men have breasts, or some do anyway.
he he. I guess they could get some type of cancer from it. Doubt it would be called 'breat' cancer though.

Anyway you can buy Neways deoderant which doesn't contain aluminium, but u have to get it sent over from the US
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
They can, actually, though it's uncommon.
yep, it is possible as men have some form of breast tissues from before sex was decided in the womb (same reason they have nipples).

it is also possible for men to lactate (get milk from their nipples), but it is fairly rare- although i have no idea why this ever happens.

lou xxx
Tobias
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Name something that's not linked to causing cancer. Then, I'd be shocked.
Distilled water.
prince_capri
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wigman15)
Hey!!

I heard on the radio a couple of minutes ago that deodorants cause cancer due to the substances they contain. Do you think that this is true?

this may be....but came as a shock !!!
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tobias)
Distilled water.

Nah, all those H20 molecules are evil little wotsits - they'd give you cancer soon as look at you.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Name something that's not linked to causing cancer. Then, I'd be shocked.
hmm..
death?
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Gosh, how many people wear them here then...and how much?
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i guess we shouldn't look into it that deeply, as people have already pointed out there are studies into everyday food and the connection with cancer, if we were to believe all these studies we might as well starve. i think this is just a mild warning for the future, maybe to avoid using deodrant if possible...
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by white_solitude)
i guess we shouldn't look into it that deeply, as people have already pointed out there are studies into everyday food and the connection with cancer, if we were to believe all these studies we might as well starve. i think this is just a mild warning for the future, maybe to avoid using deodrant if possible...

I'm not going to worry overmuch: for one thing, life's too short, for another the study was very small and didn't produce anything really conclusive anyway, and for another I really don't like smelling bad!
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not going to worry overmuch: for one thing, life's too short, for another the study was very small and didn't produce anything really conclusive anyway, and for another I really don't like smelling bad!

lol exactly, as long as we don't get paranoia everytime u use deodrant its ok...
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wasnt tehre one saying that mars bar help to prevent cancer?
white_solitude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

really? lol...how does that work out? sounds a little far fetched...caramel and nougat supposed to stop cancer?
MadNatSci
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

God knows - probably. And the following day they probably announced that mars bars *caused* cancer... :rolleyes:
A0307
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I doubt it's anything to worry about. If anyones really that paranoid, just stick to the non-'antiperspirant' type.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)

i knew it was good to be smelly! (joking)
its not gd to be smelly, its good to be manly
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (384)
67.13%
No (188)
32.87%

Watched Threads