study much over the vacation?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
irishtrep
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i was wondering how many hours oxbridge people studied over the vacation. what do you think is the average?
s.ahmad3
Report 16 years ago
study like you wont believe. There are of course people who do not study much over the holidays, but they all study. Those that do not, fail an get kicked out, simple as (at least in cam, if you dont get an hons, they kick you out). Then there are those that study, but not as much as they should, and get aroun a 3rd. If u do, your DOS will be on your back and the threat of expulsion is v real. Everyone else studies about 5-hrs in the holidays every day. In the term time the avg time for sciencey students after lectures + labs (most finish at around 5) is 2.5 hrs.

How do i know this? my brother is at cambridge
Alaric
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I did about 12 hours over the last vacation, and maybe a few days worth of background reading (only really of interest for a course next year though). I blame this forum and lack of sleep through the previous term .

A lot of people do a hell of a lot more though. I have all of tomorrow, I'll be fine!

I'd hazard a guess at the average being 3/4 hours a day.

Alaric.
irishtrep
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i go to oxford. i was just wondering what everyone else was doing
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads